regarding Penny2 post about Sept 1 WT comments:
What will be the "End Afterward"?
Young people are often exposed to temptations and pressures to experiment with things that seem popular. Here are some likely scenarios.
- Someone dares you to smoke a cigerette.
- A well-intentioned teacher urges you to pursue higher education at a university.
- You are invited to a party where alcohol and possibly drugs will be freely available.
- "Why don't you post your profile on the Internet?" someone suggests.
- A friend invites you to watch a movie that features violence or immorality.
If you are ever confronted with any of such situations, what will you do? Will you simply give in, or will you carefully consider what the "end afterward" could be? You would be wise to ask yourself: "Can a man rake together fire into his bosom and yet his very garments not be burned? Or can a man walk upon the coals and his feet themselves not be scorched?" - Prov 6:27,28
I know a sister who is a high school principal. I don't know how could she be a principal. Does she tell "worldly" kids that college is no good? What if she also has JWS kids in her school? Does she encourage college edu to worldly kids, but not to JWS kids? Wouldn't that confuse them?