Baby High Heel Crib Shoes....

by yknot 31 Replies latest social family

• yknot
    yknot

I was emailed this story by my expectant cousin.....(who really want the entire collection for her little girl due in Dec.)

http://www.heelarious.com/index.php

When you think babies, you think nappies, bibs and plastic bottles. Now think leopard skin stilettos.

Two mums in the States have created high-heeled shoes for newly born babies. They're called Heelarious and come in six different styles - including hot pink, black and white stripes and leopard print.

One of the inventors, Britta Bacon, came up with the idea as she was on her way to a child's birthday. She began thinking it would be hilarious if she could bring her daughter to the party in high heels.

The shoes are made out of a soft fabric and have a satin finish. They come in sizes 0 to 6 months and cost around £18.

In the two weeks they have been on sale, the 31-year-old mums have sold more than 2,000 pairs to customers in London, Ireland, and Belgium. 50 stores across America are selling them and you can get them online too.

Do you agree with stilettos for babies?

Not everyone is as excited as the creator and her business partner, Hayden Porter.

Newsbeat showed a pair of the hot pink ones to some mums and dads in New York.

'Dangerous'

Patrice Barnard has a four-month-old girl. She was freaked out by the idea of putting her baby in stilettos.

She said: "They look soft but really dangerous. Children shouldn't be wearing shoes like that. She should be wearing hard and ugly shoes that their feet need at that age."

Child protection group Love Our Children USA said: "We need to let our children be children.

"There is plenty of time for them to grow up and wear stilettos. Even though these shoes look very cute, it's not healthy for their development."

However, Ms Porter said the shoes shouldn't be taken too seriously.

She said: "It's supposed to be just a fun novelty and make people laugh product.

"They're safe and they're never going to hurt the children. We would never do anything like that."

'Hysterical'

Annette Milano got a pair for her unborn granddaughter. When she saw an advert for the stilettos in a magazine, she said she couldn't wait to get her hands on a pair.

She said: "The shoes are hysterical. I'm surprised no one came up with the idea sooner.

"So funny and so cute and they remind me of the shoes on Wizard Of Oz. We've got the pink ones but we're going for the leopard ones next."

The heels on the shoes are only supposed to be for show and collapse if any pressure is put on them.

The inventors are now working on their next project which is for baby boys. The product is top secret though.

"They're going to be called HE-larious and will be out in August so keep a look out," they said.

Thoughts?

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Well, since they're soft, strictly decorative novelty shoes for babies who are still crawling – that is, since the stiletto heels are NOT FUNCTIONAL, FOLKS – I say, why not? I'm always up for comical baby clothes.

GentlyFeral

• Satanus
    Satanus

They are totally, fucking insane. What next, for babies, brassieres?

S

• watson
    watson

You are probably going to think I'm a wacko here, but to me it seems like another form of early "sexualizing" of young girls. No?

• beksbks
    beksbks

Good Lord Watson! I can't believe you said that!!

Cuz I acutally agree with you.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I don't think it's sexualizing children so much as having fun dressing up a doll.

• watson
    watson

I understand the "fun" aspect of this. The "sexualizing" may be un intentional, but it still has that effect.

• White Dove
    White Dove

If anyone thinks of sex when they see a little baby in these, they need to be locked up!

The chances of a little baby girl growing up to wear high heels is very likely, anyway.

The shoes are cute and funny.

• Satanus
    Satanus

It looks dumb.

S

• watson
    watson

There is a lot of debate on this subject.

How soon do you let her wear masquera?

How old should she be when can wear lipstick?

When should you allow her to bare her midriff?

It's a matter of extremes. I remember people letting their 5 and 6 year old girls dress like Madonna in her "Like a Virgin" years.

But then again, maybe stuffed vinyl high heals are just a form of "dress up."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit