What are your plans post JWD?

by penny2 24 Replies latest jw friends

• penny2
    penny2

Will you be joining another forum or leaving it all behind?

I took to heart Simon's thread about moving on past the "ex-JW" phase and I've been spending less time at the computer. It's comforting though, to come back on here occasionally and see how my cyber friends are doing.

So I'm glad there are options - I've noticed some familiar faces on new forums - there may be access to JWD in some form....

.....and there's a whole world out there!

penny

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Good question - I don't know yet

• shamus100
    shamus100

I'll be leaving it all behind.

• penny2
    penny2

stilla, this could be a crossroad for you.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It seems JWS is the new JWD. They already have several people from here.

www.jwsupportforum.com is the link, for any lurkers that wish to look at it and check it out.

• Ronnie38
    Ronnie38

I really don't know if there could be a substitute for the original forum here. There were many reasons for its success---not even all of what is easy to identify easily. The posters of course were a big reason and also the fact that this was one of the original sites for information type like this. I realize there are many other reasons, but haven't tried to pinpoint them all.

There are also some new boards just starting up.

I try to mention from time to time that we do have a board here: http://exjehovahswitnessforum.yuku.com

Ours is a good site because of the positive nature of it. And we are trying to encourage more jw-related beliefs, teachings, research, and news items as well there for new and old to view.

This is a good time for people to choose the option that's best for them. I would encourage people explore and feel free to do what is best given their own situation whether it's staying here, moving to another site, cutting back on internet time, or posting on more than just one site.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..I`m going to be an Astronaut!....................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I think I'll give up my JW obsession and find a hot lesbian forum to post on. Maybe they'll share some home videos with me.

W

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I signed up on all the new JW boards, but have hardly posted at any of them recently. I hope that as JWD declines, my online ex-JW activity will wane also. This board has value, but doing anything in real life trumps anything online. Online living is only a very poor substitute for real life living, which has much richer rewards that typing on a keyboard.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

I was hoping to get Finally -free to invest in a bird-bar................that would tie up most of his free time. We could drink the profits

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit