(Matthew 7:1-5)

by John Doe 5 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

(Matthew 7:1-5)

7 "Stop judging that YOU may not be judged; 2 for with what judgment YOU are judging, YOU will be judged; and with the measure that YOU are measuring out, they will measure out to YOU. 3 Why, then, do you look at the straw in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the rafter in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Allow me to extract the straw from your eye’; when, look! a rafter is in your own eye? 5 Hypocrite! First extract the rafter from your own eye, and then you will see clearly how to extract the straw from your brother’s eye.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

I don't judge. I discern.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I have taken out the rafter...

• Aculama
    Aculama

I'm not sure what you are trying to get across. I understand the verse, but are you trying to make a specific point?

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Matthew 7
    A Simple Guide for Behavior

1 -5 "Don't pick on people, jump on their failures, criticize their faults— unless, of course, you want the same treatment. That critical spirit has a way of boomeranging. It's easy to see a smudge on your neighbor's face and be oblivious to the ugly sneer on your own. Do you have the nerve to say, 'Let me wash your face for you,' when your own face is distorted by contempt? It's this whole traveling road-show mentality all over again, playing a holier-than-thou part instead of just living your part. Wipe that ugly sneer off your own face, and you might be fit to offer a washcloth to your neighbor.

The above is from The Message Bible.

Truly, truly.

Sylvia

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

Wouldn't it be nice if the WT followed such scriptural admonition!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit