Why I think Americans should give George Bush 4 more years in office

by Witness 007 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

1.Our Australian dollar is booming thanks to the U.S dollar and economy crashing......2. He makes me laugh.......3. He makes Australia look less backwards as a nation...4. His daughter is kinda hot. 5. He has a dog which means your okay by me. 6.His daddy did a good job so give him a third chance.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Well he cant the most a person can serve is 8

Lets see what he accomplished

1. he destroyed the reputation of the States around the world

2. started a war that should have never taken place, costing the American tax payers billions and killing thousands of his own people in the process.

3. ruined the American economic infrastructure and left the government in debt big time

4. made himself and all of his oil croonies super rich with business oil investments

What a president

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Thank you Witness 007 ... thank you.

I tend to be what's considered a "moderate" here, not a Kool-Aid drinker who just thinks one party is superior to the other.

But Bush's approval ratings are somwhere in the upper 20% range which is pathetic. When Clinton left office 8 years ago, his was just topping 60%. Just a few issues that sour my stomach with Bush and the Republicans in general:

1. Spending ... They claim, time and time and time and time and time and time again that they are for a smaller, more efficient government. What has Bush done in 8 years ? ... The government budget has increased over 40%. Government has grown at a faster pace than anytime in history. Blame it on the Democrats ? ... No way. Bush had Republican majorities in Congress the first SIX years of his administation. So blame the Democrats for the past year and a half ? Yes, they spend money like water too. But when the President, House and Senate are of the same party, there is no reason he couldn't have done MUCH more if he so desired.

2. Federal Deficit ... The last two years of the Clinton administration saw huge surpluses. Since Bush, it is gone. And not just gone, but literally billions and now trillions (yes, with a T) in debt. Yes, 9/11 had a dramatic impact on the economy, no doubt about it. But there was no leadership that stood up and said that 4 airplanes are not going to change the way we do business in this country. Instead, we ended up in a war that is costing billions every month.

3. War ... The blood of 50,000 or more lives are on his hands (4,000 US soldiers plus who knows how many Iraqis). Not counting hundreds of thousands (25,000 soldiers plus an untold number of civilians) of people with hands, legs and eyes blown off. War is an ugly business but to go after one dictator when there are many more pressing humanitarian needs (i.e. Darfor) only makes us further understand that Bush sucks off the proverbial tit of the oil business. If Iraq had no oil, there would be no war.

At least with Clinton in the White House, there was DNA all over the place .... but not blood.

Rub a Dub

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Burn

The Euro is taking a pounding.

When you look at the rest of the world, it's a wonder we doing as well as we are.

• yknot
    yknot

Well...... a lot could happen between here and his exit.....any disaster could keep him another 18 or so months under homeland security provisions.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2007/05/20070509-12.html

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    It would be karmic if they kept him in until all the shit that he's caused hit the fan.

I believe we are waaayyyy past that point........

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

He will go down as one of the worst presidents of recent years. I've always had feeling that GW is just a puppet and that the real power must be behind him somewhere. What a dork.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    He will go down as one of the worst presidents of recent years.

Worst administration since Warren G. Harding.

The national debt is now $10 trillion, and with the bailout of Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac, the debt could very well hit $15 trillion. Which means this administration's decisions could end up nearly doubling the national debt in the space of 8 years.

And that's not even getting into the upcoming Medicare/Social Security crisis which may end up bankrupting this country. But that, of course, is not this administration's fault; rather the collective blame lies at each administration for the past 50 years in not engaging in better fiscal planning.

• beksbks
    beksbks
    I always felt that Bush is one President that could start a real Armagedon

McCain seems poised to take that challenge. Have you seen him actually wake up when he's talking tough about world events? His attitude is never measured and calm, it's always aggressive. Haven't we learned anything?

• Evidently
    Evidently

Yeah, what all of you said.......who could possibly have a lower approval rating than Bush........uhhhhh, the Democratic controlled congress, that's who.....

Factual, don't flame me. I didn't accuse anybody of anything, I just stated a fact.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit