WOULD JW's READ THIS?

by Mickey mouse 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I just posted this to Oracle's thread but didn't want to hijack it so I thought I'd start my own. I think emails are a potentially effective way of conveying information to JW's, they love firing them off to all their friends. Could we get some information in under the radar in this manner...?

Our ministry is more of a challenge than ever. Whilst mainstream religions are losing members, some groups use unscrupulous methods to prevent their members examing their own beliefs. It takes extra knowledge and skills to reach these people so they can open their hearts to the truth.

Did you know that many organizations tell their members they are God's sole representatives on earth; so if they ever consider leaving that group they fear losing their relationship with God? Additionally some groups use phobias to prevent people leaving. Examples include a fear of death, demon influence and losing contact with all their friends and family. From their perspective our message is seen as an attack from Satan to undermine their faith!

It's easy to see why such people are hard to reach. We owe it to these people to learn about the underhanded methods being used by high control groups so we are better equipped to help them. Otherwise they could lose out on the opportunity of learning the Bible's true message. Educate yourself about this issue and become a more effective teacher.
  • DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Worth a shot, I'd say. "From their perspective our message is seen as an attack from Satan to undermine their faith! " That part might be a little bit of a tip-off.

• yknot
    yknot

Nicely written.....might be more effective if you attached a WT reference or two.

• sweet pea
  • Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Thanks for the constructive criticism. How about this then:

Our ministry is more of a challenge than ever. Whilst mainstream religions are losing members, some groups use unscrupulous methods to prevent their members examing their own beliefs. It takes extra knowledge and skills to reach these people so they can open their hearts to the truth.

Did you know that many organizations tell their members they are God's sole representatives on earth; so if they ever consider leaving that group they fear losing their relationship with God? Additionally some groups use phobias to prevent people leaving. Examples include a fear of death, demon influence and losing contact with all their friends and family. From their perspective our message is seen as an attack from the Devil to undermine their faith! (. 2 Cor 4:3 If, now, the good news we declare is in fact veiled, it is veiled among those who are perishing, 4 among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through).

It's easy to see why such people are hard to reach. We owe it to these people to learn about the underhanded methods being used by high control groups so we are better equipped to help them. Otherwise they could lose out on the opportunity of learning the Bible's true message. Educate yourself about this issue and become a more effective teacher.
  • sweet pea
    sweet pea

It sounds plausible but having been 'out' for a year I've lost my ability to put myself in an active JW's shoes and work out what I would think if I were reading it. I'm pretty sure they'd nod and think "oh, yes, other religions do that and aren't we lucky to be part of the one true religion that doesn't!". I'm pretty sure that only those that have their doubts already would be the ones who would see the parallels in their own religion - the true dubbies would just be blind to it.

Just my 2 cents.

Perhaps Renaii would be better qualified to answer - you should pm her!

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

LOL, let sleeping dogs lie sweetpea!

Because I'm mentally out and have lost my 'poztate phobia it's hard to gauge. That's exactly why I need feedback.

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Well, perhaps I'm mistaken, but the idea with this is to get JWs to research control groups... and of course it won't take long for them to stumble across pages pinpointing exactly how dubs are a high control group.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Yep, that's the idea DoomVoyager! Even if they don't twig straight away, the parallels should be apparent and the information should stick in their mind - that we are not unique!! I don't think the average JW even thinks about the fact other groups claim to be God's sole channel.

It's based on the Strategic Interaction Approach from Releasing the Bonds

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

I agree that most JW's don't realize that other groups also claim to be the sole channel of truth in the world. That came as a real shock to me when I left the WT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit