Are the best things in life really free?

by compound complex 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• compound complex
    compound complex

Are they for you?

Thanks.

CoCo

• Gopher
    Gopher

One of the best things in my life was a walk along Florida's Gulf Coast at sunset.

That in itself would be free. But to get there and back would cost me at least $200 in airfare, then add in the cost of dinner so that I wouldn't be starving while walking on the beach. And there are other costs I haven't itemized here.

You get the idea. It's free once I get there.

• jgnat
    jgnat

One of the best things in life these days is my granddaughter's admiration. It doesn't take Visa to keep it, but it does demand a great deal from me. That includes mutual admiration, constant interest and affection, consistency, baking cookies, declaring ourselves partners in the gardening business, and dozens of small acts of kindness.

On my return from holidays the other day, my granddaughter rushed in to my arms to greet me. "I have bad news,"

"I know, the fish died."

"No, it's something else. I broke your skipping rope. Shea and I were playing and..."

"Don't worry, it's a thing. It's just a thing. Never worry about just things."

She smiled and ran back.

What price can I put on that?

• Gopher
    Gopher

"No, it's something else. I broke your skipping rope. Shea and I were playing and..."

"Don't worry, it's a thing. It's just a thing. Never worry about just things."

She smiled and ran back.

What price can I put on that?

That's so sweet.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you both, Gopher and jgnat, for starting out our day so beautifully ...

CoCo

• ataloa
    ataloa

When I lived near a lake, it was a 5-minute walk through dense, mosquito-infested woods to see the sunset over the water - so beautiful. I guess it wasn't exactly free, since I lost some blood; but it was so worth it.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Is anything really free?

lisa

• Gopher
    Gopher

Is anything really free?

lisa

Even posting on this board is an enjoyable thing in my life, maybe one of the best (seeing how it helped me when I was first separating myself mentally from the Borg). But it took time to make even a short post like Lisa made. And your time is worth something. But I have time to spend. However as I sometimes say, I'm so poor that sometimes I can't even pay attention!

• compound complex
    compound complex

I'm so poor that sometimes I can't even pay attention!

!

Thanks everyone ...

CoCo

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

If you want to enjoy the things in life that are "Free"..You have to "Pay" attention.....Or..You will miss out on them..................Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit