We live in a beautiful part of the world.

by Gregor 32 Replies latest social physical

• Gregor
    Gregor

Silver Falls is about 1.5 hrs south. The lovely picture of the open air motel on Burnside is about 45 mins. My office in Old Town where I worked for 5 years was around the corner from that pic.

• megs
    megs

I love Oregon! Two years ago my boyfriend and I drove down the Washington & Oregon coast... The scenery is stunning!!

• John Doe
    John Doe

Has anyone noticed how a lot of places look better in pictures than they do in real life?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

My sister used to live in Portland...I was so jealous...so much greener than the San Francisco Bay Area

• ramtrucker
    ramtrucker

Haystack Rock is one of my favorite views. The northern coastal area of Oregon has long been a favorite of mine. As a child of 5 or so, my dad moved us from Eugene, OR, taking up residence in a little motel that featured individual cabins on the east side of Highway 101. A couple of years ago, during a trip down that way, I realized that one of the cabins still existed, although it's probably gone now, victim to the condos being built along each side of Highway 101. (Dad was a logger and found work cutting centuries old windfalls out of the many canyons that run down to the ocean.)

My younger sister and I'd walk across 101 in those days, 1945, and play on the beach all day if the weather wasn't too bad. It'd be nigh impossible for an adult to cross that highway today, because of the near bumper to bumper traffic.

The Columbia Gorge is also a favorite of mine. I and my bride of 7 + years often like to travel the old highway up the Gorge to revisit the sites I and she have come to love over the years.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

magnificent

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I agree. Although I live in Vancouver, WA, Portland is just across the Columbia River from where I live. In fact, I am closer to Downtown Portland than some of the people that live in the Portland suburbs.

This area is indeed beautiful. I work in the Corporate Office for McMenamins Pubs & Breweries, so I get drive around and enjoy thew scenery & get paid for it. My territroy goes from Roseburg (Southern Oregon) to Mill Creek (20 miles North of Seattle) to Bend (Central Oregon) to the Coast (Lincoln City & Gearhart).

The pic of the Downtown in Winter that you posted, Gregor, looks suspiciously like Stevenson (On the Washington side of the Gorge).

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

it is beautiful, great pic

purps

• uninformed
    uninformed

Your pics are unbelievably beautiful.

Its just not fair.

Brant--Kansas

• zagor
    zagor

very nice