Could the Large Hadron Collider open a doorway to heaven?

by truthseeker 24 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
  • james_woods
    james_woods

I am aware of that theory, Snowbird, but it has never gained any traction that I know about in scientific circles - certainly not to the historic position of say, Madame Curie, or Lada Ada Lovelace. I suppose that many feminists would very much like to believe it, though. Einstein himself was not exactly a golden statue of male virtue in his marriage(s).

BTW, science today is quite liberal in its usual social politics, and is no longer at all the same realm of the good old boys network...

• snowbird
    snowbird

BTW, science today is quite liberal in its usual social politics, and is no longer at all the same realm of the good old boys network...

That is a good thing.

I'm currently researching the scientific contributions made by African-American women.

I haven't begun on the men yet. We weren't told the half.

Sylvia

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Hmmm ...

http://womenshistory.about.com/b/2004/04/23/was-einsteins-wife-his-silent-collaborator.htm

Sylvia

Quick search found this about tthe idea Mileva Maric either helped Einstein or developed the theories on her own:

For instance, "the letters to Maric show Einstein referring to *his* studies, *his* work on the electrodynamics of moving bodies over a dozen times, as compared to *one* reference to *our* on the problem of relative motion." In two cases where there are surviving letters from Maric in direct reply to ones from Einstein in which he had recounted his latest ideas, she gives no response at all. Her letters, in contrast to Einstein's, contain only personal matters, or comments related to her Polytechnic coursework. Stachel writes: "In her case we have *no* published papers, *no* letters with a serious scientific content, either to Einstein nor to anyone else; nor any *objective* evidence of her supposed creative talents. We do not even have hearsay accounts of conversations she had with anyone else that have a specific, scientific content, let alone claiming to report her ideas."

And

There are no strong arguments to support the idea that Maric helped Einstein to develop his theories. Other Nobel winners, beside Einstein, have shared their prize money with their ex-wives as a part of the divorce settlements. Einstein's elder son, Hans Albert, stated that after her marriage she gave up her scientific ambitions. Maric was never mentioned as having been involved with his work by friends and colleagues of Einstein's who engaged in discussions of his ideas with him. Maric herself never claimed that she played any role in Einstein's scientific work, nor hinted any such role in letters to her closest friend Helene Savic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mileva_Maric

Personally I think the collider will set the atmosphere on fire and the earth will burn up.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Personally I think the collider will set the atmosphere on fire and the earth will burn up.

Big Tex, Is there still time to get the word out to Al Gore?

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Big Tex, Is there still time to get the word out to Al Gore?

I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.

• james_woods
    james_woods

No, no - that was the infamous red commie Robert Oppenheimer. Or, wait - was it Paul Tibbets?

• snowbird
    snowbird

"I am become death, the shatterer of worlds;
    Waiting that hour that ripens to their doom."

Julius Robert Oppenheimer recalling what flashed through his mind at the first Nuclear Bomb explosion at Los Alamos on July 16th, 1945. (From the Bhagavad-Gita in which the speaker is God)

Sylvia

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Well since we were talking about Einstein, I was trying to follow a theme. I was theme posting.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Thank you Sylvia.

Let's please remind everyone that Big Tex and I were just joking around.

The Large Hadron Collider is not a military project - it is a peaceful multi-national scientific effort.

It is not going to blow up the world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit