AWAKE Article about WTC Bombing

by Sirona 20 Replies latest jw friends

• ISP
    ISP

Hi Sirona! Thanks for typing that out! it is a clear example of trying to make capital out of tragedy. It is poor. To be honest in the aftermath we have had the replays, the screaming people, the last phone messages, the unforgetable pictures of destruction....this all seems too late. We need to move on.

ISP

• Englishman
    Englishman

This is so unfair to JW's. Really, it is very unfair. All those newsreels, all those photo's, all those interviews, all those action shots and nobody has a single pic of the WTBTS offering succour to anyone.

Well, that's Satan for you!

Englishman.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be....

• garybuss
    garybuss

These high control groups have to fit everything in their frame. If it won't fit . . . then they just re-frame. This event of 9-11 has been used to sell everything from religion to cars. I can't wait for the Watch Tower Corporation to show where they predicted this event before it happened like they claimed to have predicted the start of WWI in 1914.

gb

• dins
    dins

Why oh why does the Society always tout themselves as heroes in every disaster..one that comes to mind is the earthquake in Japan a few years back. Seems like the JWs saved the day there as well. Kind of like Mighty Mouse - Here I come to save the day!!!

Diana

• Zep
    Zep
    ...I also heard at the time of the bombing, they only let witnesses in and that they were on lock down and were not providing refugee....

I read a little on that too WW77. Makes a mockery of this:

"Eventually, we were directed towalk to the Brooklyn Bridge and cross to the other side. Imagine our relief as we got to the Brooklyn side of the Bridge and saw a huge sign "WATCHTOWER"! We knew we were safe.

"We were given a welcome and accommodations. We were also supplied with clothes, since we had nothing..."

Oh yes, how kind!!!

Of course the dogs can stay outside!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• tdogg
    tdogg

Thanks Sirona, but you left out the part theat reads:
    " '...and then I realized that if I didn't attend all of my meetings and do my ten hours of field service a month I will end up up just like those people that died in that building except that I won't get resurrected!' -Joe Publisher, NYC. Yes, Brothers and Sisters what a joyous time it will be when Jehovah smahses all of the worlds buildings and kills all of the non-belivers! Just imagine how many different wonderful ways He will kill off everyoune in the 'world'. For more information on how to avoid a fiery demise at the hands of our loving Lord you must contact your local congregation..."

• Sirona
    Sirona

Hi

I have scanned the whole article, I am desperately trying to find somewhere to publish it because my usual place the server went down.

Anyone know where I can publish it for free on the net?

Sirona

** http://www.religioustolerance.org **

• Sirona
    Sirona

Edited cos the pic wouldnt show up...I asked could people see it and you cant
    Sirona

• dubla
    dubla

sirona-

no.

aa

• Sirona
    Sirona

Oh well, thats angelfire for you.

I cant publish to where I normally do cos the server's down, and I cant find anywhere else to publish. I signed up with webphotos but I dont know how to link them in here.

What a day!

Sirona

** http://www.religioustolerance.org **

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit