If The GB REALLY Wanted To Make Converts, What Would They Do?

by minimus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I say, they would abandon the house to house activity and concentrate their $$$ on "advertise, advertise, advertise the King and His Kingdom". And if they REALLY TRULY believed their own words, they'd not worry about money and material things-----since we are living in the very last days of the "last days". But no; they'll never do that because hypocrites is all they are.

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

I think the method they are using right now is very affective, going directly to the doors of the people using free Labour.

• minimus
    minimus

No one's ever home.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Door to door does not equal converts. I only know of two people since 1987 that was a result of a door knock. It's more along the lines of incidental witnessing.

Honestly, be more mainstream. Works for the Mormans

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Television, radio advertising. Cut out some of the silly wacky rules that put people off such as no blood transfusions; no BJs etc

• minimus
    minimus

TV and radio, yup. But that costs $$$.

• Satanus
    Satanus

If they don't really want converts, then what do they really want?

S

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I think it's more along the lines of what type of converts are they currently looking for

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

To tell you the truth, I think they've reached a saturation point. Especially with all the info,now availble,via the net.

I think death threats and beatings, would work wonders for increase figures. Having your life threatened,and living in fear,seems to have a profound effect on the here and now. It works for Islam. Cutting heads off,just seems to silence the critics and the numbers grow.

Force always works, but it tends to have blowback effects. Just as this board is evidencing, if that's a word. I wonder how many Muslims,are secretly seething inside, and just don't say it.

Those that are seething, must unite as this board has done. Ther only reason however, they don't, is fear. That is the difference between the threat of shunnning, a spiritual death,and getting your head cut off. A real death.

People that use threats as a modus operandi, are stupid!

Let me give you an example.

You are given a test by a shrink, to use your abilities,and they give you the shapes test. Can you fit all the shapes into the corresponding places? Most people, will take the square peg, and try to fit it into the sqaure hole. A f***ing moron will take the square peg,and try to ram it in the round hole,whether it fits or not. Force is stupid,and doesn't require debate or thinking.

Of course my post doesn't subscribe to this. I am only talking about, the only effective means of a cult, to hold onto it's membership. Fear and intimidation!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

well the GB tells u to put the square peg into the round hole and yet, it doesn't fit. Your first instinct is to go to the square hole. But u stop because that's going beyond the things written, or moving ahead of the organization. So u sit around and continue to obey or perhaps blame yourself for this "spiritual shortcoming" of yourself. Later u tell yourself that they must know better, or they must have a reason for this direction. Maybe I should wait on Jehovah.

This is the type of convert that they want/need. If they sought out free thinking, educated people they would soon find that the organization has moved on from them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit