Robdar

Booger encrusted jewelry . How attractive

• free2think
    free2think

Booger encrusted jewelry . How attractive

Oookay then

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

Also, it depends on what type of work you do.

Many comments made would be moot if you worked in certain industries.

• happysunshine
    happysunshine

Right on. Sounds like you enjoy it.

I think piercings are pretty tame, as they can disappear when you want them too. They even heal.

I would wait on the tattoo until you're REALLY sure. That is permanent. And it may be a pain in the ass later. Why not try a tiny one on your ankle or something for now? That would be really easy to hide.

As a side, my brother in law was a rocker when he was younger, and got a bunch of ink done on his arm. A few years ago he took over his father-in-law's business, where tattoos would impact business really badly. Tattoos here tend to be associated with the Yakuza, or trouble in general. So he got them all burned off with laser surgery. His arm is all scarred up now.

• billie jean
    billie jean

Hi,

Dont do it you'll really regret it. it's exciting getting 'worldly' things done when we leave but really you have the rest of your life to live with holes here and there , let alone tatoos ! whatever you choose don't rush into it.

• White Dove
    White Dove

OK, here's what I'm doing with mine:

Nose ring: removable and the nose stuff is on the inside with no one knowing about it (ref. to previous poster.

Tongue ring: clear barbells or removed for interviews when needed.

Earrings: however many earing holes as I want and however many earrings as is appropriate for the occasion.

Belly ring: no one sees it under a shirt.

Tattoos: ankles only and invisible under tights or socks.

Really, piercings and tats are no problem if they are planned for considering every occasion you can think of.

I've never had a regret about any of them. They are fun and no, not every person goes through the trouble of judging another who has them unless they have too much time on their hands.

I don't give a fig newton what someone (other than interviewers or bosses) thinks about my piercings and tats.

I got them for ME, not THEM.

• free2think
    free2think

Great advice White Dove, I totally agree.

• Soledad
    Soledad

I also have a nostril piercing and 2 tattoos, one behind each shoulder, not visible at all under clothing. My left nostril sports a small diamond stud, not too small but not too obvious either. I am having difficulty removing my nostril piercing on my own, looks like I'll have to make a trip to the studio for this unless someone here can provide a suggestion on how to take this out.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Aww, thanks Free

Here's an idea for summer friendly tats:

Wear your summer work clothing and get the tats under those clothes.

Shoulders, backs, butts, boobs/chests, upper arms covered by short sleeves.

Geez guys, it is so easy to get a hundred tats that no one in the office would suspect.

Play clothes: let 'em show whenever and where ever you want!

Tanks, shorts, and sandles show off tats really well.

Go crazy! Have fun! Be YOU, not someone else's version of you!

• Soledad
    Soledad

oh yes I almost forgot---tattoos are not painless. the ones I got behind my shoulders were painful but not excruciating, maybe a 7 out of 10, and I have a medium-high tolerance to pain. Keep this in mind in case you want to go thru with it since you are considering the same location where I got mine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit