Is this real,

by John Doe 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Yes, those treetards are THAT deranged.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I know a lady that is deep into this. She acts like that.

• wobble
    wobble

"Only in America..." ??

Love

Tree-Hugging Wobble

• sandy
    sandy

LOL For some reason I can't stop watching that video clip. LOL

There is a man at my office I can imagine him joining that group. LOL Who knows maybe he is a member.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

United Religions Initiative:

The URI moves on to address "Ecological Imperatives." They decry the current ecological crisis - including human "overpopulation." (204) The URI's solution involves teaching us all to rediscover "respect for the sacredness of the whole of Planet Earth":

The draft Charter offers a long list of project ideas to implement this vision. Most of these involve re-directing education, environmental action, and religious training to foster a new, "Green" religion.

The first project listed is "Develop an 'eco-literacy' project for young people" (206) - in other words, start the indoctrination early.

The URI would "create solstice and equinox festivals, the natural earth holidays, which celebrate the changes on the planet." (208)

"Local or regional UR groups should sponsor ecumenical and interfaith celebrations on the Environmental Sabbath, which has already been established by the UN." (212)

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Earth First and the Deep Ecology movement is sort of like PETA for trees. Attracts a lot of fanatical types, as the video clearly shows.

We're not losing forestland here in the Northeast US. In fact, we've gone from about 25% forested a century ago to about 80% forested today.

It's the mindlessness and the lack of reason and common sense that some of these folks embody that pisses me off. Comments like the one about the great life the rock leads is what I mean. They are a fringe group and will likely remain so.

S4

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

"We're not losing forestland here in the Northeast US. In fact, we've gone from about 25% forested a century ago to about 80% forested today."

That's really counter intuitive. Where do those numbers come from?

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Am I missing something?

I see no link or story in the opening post. Can someone toss me a clue?

-Aude.

• White Dove
    White Dove

The more rediculous they act, the less seriously the public will take to their cause.

I'm all for preservation of the eco-system, but there are dignified and professional ways to go about putting forth the cause.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Six,

My company is a member of the USGBC. (United States Green Building Council) Seeker is correct.

Try this Website: http://www.ncrs.fs.fed.us/4801/ You have to download a huge file... It's no longer on my hard drive, or I'd copy and paste the pertinent info.

It's the website for Forest Resources of the United States. According to the 2001 report (the most recent) Growth exceeded harvest by 36% .

Coffee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit