Conversation with an elder today!

by Maddie 20 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

MADDIE- It sounds like you handled talking with that elder brilliantly ! You hit on just the right topics with him- who knows- he may walk away from that conversation with you scratching his head and wonder if he's being deceived as well by this organization ! I'm proud of you ! Way to go girl ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Hugs to you Maddie,

Well done!

You never know . . . you might have shone some "new light" on him!

ESTEE

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

You are a nice person. I tend to become very sarcastic and I hear my face makes this terrifying look that drives them away.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic
    Those people go into WT mode, you might as well been talking to a plant.

Very true. I wrote in a thread a few days ago how a few friends of mine wanted me to give it 'one more try' and go to the DC. I went since it involved traveling to a beach town. It wasn't their assigned assembly, they were 'widening out' or man-shopping, call it what you want. Anyway, the whole time it felt like I was with a bunch of muppets. LOL...their faces did crack though as they were proudly telling a boutique owner about the convention and invited her to the sunday session and she informed them that her church also has conventions across the country and that many of their missionaries from around the world come in to share their experiences. One of the girls said she didn't know other religions had conventions or missionaries and another replied that satan has religions imitating the witnesses to distract people. Yep, muppets.

• Quandry
    Quandry

He said the usual thing about men (meaning the FDS) sometimes make mistakes etc but it is truly Jehovah's Organisation.

Well, at least the things you said are now in his brain......he had to "go the party line" as he is an elder-what else could he say? Maybe he will think about the things you said from time to time,,maybe, just maybe..he will summon up the courage to investigate on the internet.

You did well.

So sorry you are being shunned. Your family does not know what they are missing. Someday they will.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I quit getting frustrated with the JW's I meet in public about 6 months ago.

Now when I get the urge to reason with one of them about the 'truth' I go into the living room and talk to my Goldfish.

He's got about the same attention span as most JW's.

• choosing life
    choosing life

Maddie, it must be a very nice feeling to just speak out openly to this elder. There is always a chance it will make him think one day. It was the little things that people said to me when I was still a jw that would later make me wonder about things. I am still trying to fade to prevent the shunning. It gets pretty crazy at times.

They mentioned disfellowshipping when I studied, but they made it sound like only the most vile people would ever have to be dfd. That is why the full blunt of shunning does not hit you until you experience it firsthand. It is one thing out of many that started to wake me up. They dfd my son as a teenager and counseled me not to have any unnecesary dealings with him. I couldn't do it.

I hope your family comes to their senses soon and I'm glad you have found some peace of mind and can speak so openly now.

choosing life

• Maddie
    Maddie

Thank you all for sharing back with me.

Quandry - I hope this elder does have the courage to investigate for himself. I think there are many who are too fearful to find out the truth because of what it would mean.

choosing life - It was the same for me too, I had no idea what disfellowshipping really entailed either. They are very clever at keeping that hidden until after baptism when it is too late. I wish peace for you too my friend.

Tired of the Hypocrisy - I have some terrifying looks of my own at times!

shopaholic - The eyes seem to glaze over when the cult mind control kicks in, its quite eerie when you think about it.

• Maddie
    Maddie

Mr. Flipper - I value your opinion, especially as I know you have made it a goal to understand the cult mind-set and reach your daughters. Thank you bruv.

Estee -

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere
    They dfd my son as a teenager and counseled me not to have any unnecesary dealings with him.

THAT HAPPENED TO ME ALSO, ONLY THEY LABELED MY SON AND HIS WIFE APOSTATES. THAT WAS ABOUT 5 YEARS AGO. LOST MY DAUGHTER AND SHE SAID SHE WOULD NOT LEAVE EVEN IF SHE FOUND OUT THE WTS WAS WRONG. SHE TOLD ME WE HAD NO RELATIONSHIP ANYMORE BUT SHE DOES LET ME KEEP MY TWO GRANDKIDS NOW AND THEN,BUT SAID IF THEY EVER DF ME, THAT WOULD CHANGE. HAVEN'T HEARD FROM ANY ELDERS AND HOPE I DON'T. I CAN'T FEEL SORRY FOR PEOPLE WHO LOVE THAT CULT MORE THAN THE TRUTH AND THEIR FAMILY.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit