Time is running out for the Society

by truthseeker 26 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

January 1, 2015

Less than seven years remain before we see January 1, 2015. What will the Watchtower's message be then?

How can they explain to the flock that Jesus Christ is now ruling in his 101st year?

What changes do you think will be made by then?

• still_in74
    still_in74

just like 1975.......... just say nothing and treat it like nothing. When people ask they will say "weeee never said anything. You did this yourself!"

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

It's very different from 1975. The internet wasn't around in 1975. Imagine if the mass apostasy of the early '80's or 1975 had happened in the internet age??

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Is time running out? Or, does this mean that we are deep into the time of the end. The end is ever closer. Very very close. Time is running out, not for the society but for this wicked world. We are so close that I no longer buy green bananas.

See, it is all perspective.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

What I meant to say is that the time for excuses is running out.

They will look silly probably to millions of JWs.

1914? Isn't that ancient history?

After that year there is simply no other date for them to play with, and don't even get me started on 2034!

• choosing life
    choosing life

I wish! They have conned so many generations into believing they are "the generation" that will see the end and never have to die. That is some powerful stuff they are selling. By the time one generation figures out they have been fooled, another steps up and takes the bait.

• M.J.
    M.J.

I don't know. Look at the SDAs and 1844.

1914 will become the JWs' 1844.

Christ did not appear in 1844. After this "Great Disappointment," one "little flock" still insisted the date of their original predictions had been correct. They decided the event marked by 1844 was not the Second Coming, but the entrance of Christ into the Holy of Holies in the Heavenly Sanctuary. There, they said, He began the "Investigative Judgment." (See #6 below.) This doctrine was received and endorsed by Ellen G. White

http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/Cults/sda/adventi.htm

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    I don't know. Look at the SDAs and 1844. 1914 will become the JWs' 1844.

The society already did that with 1914. Changed the meaning of the gentile times and bumped Christ's presence up to 1914.

It's hard to dazzle the audience with the same trick twice.

• steve2
    steve2

Your very good questions assume that people 'belong' to a religious group for purely logical, rational reasons. They don't. The fact that the Watchtower has repeatedly weathered past failed predictions proves that membership is not primarily based on logic or reasoning. I liked the previous posters comparison with the 7th-Day Adventists: 1914 is the new 1844. Where Christianity is concerned, end-times dates are as slippery and 'renewable' as Artic ice.

• M.J.
    M.J.

You're right. I think the WTS has been gradually severing 1914 of its time-based limitations. I think it will simply boil down to being the place marker for the beginning of the "last days", when Christ kicked Satan out of heaven and took the throne. I think they can still spin the whole divine appointment, FDS thing however they want to suit their needs without ditching that date.

Edited to add an afterthought: Even if the 1914 date weren't dropped, a natural effect of stripping that date of any relevant, direct implications on what happens TODAY, the date loses its significance. It becomes just an odd footnote.

So I guess I'm starting to agree more with truthseeker that the onset of 2014 will be significant, whether 1914 is dropped or not!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit