How were plants created before the Sun?

by elder-schmelder 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

Day 3 of creation
    Gen 1:9-13

9 And God went on to say: “Let the waters under the heavens be brought together into one place and let the dry land appear.” And it came to be so. 10 And God began calling the dry land Earth, but the bringing together of the waters he called Seas. Further, God saw that [it was] good. 11 And God went on to say: “Let the earth cause grass to shoot forth, vegetation bearing seed, fruit trees yielding fruit according to their kinds, the seed of which is in it, upon the earth.” And it came to be so. 12 And the earth began to put forth grass, vegetation bearing seed according to its kind and trees yielding fruit, the seed of which is in it according to its kind. Then God saw that [it was] good. 13 And there came to be evening and there came to be morning, a third day.

Day 4 of creation
    Gen 1:14-19

14 And God went on to say: “Let luminaries come to be in the expanse of the heavens to make a division between the day and the night; and they must serve as signs and for seasons and for days and years. 15 And they must serve as luminaries in the expanse of the heavens to shine upon the earth.” And it came to be so. 16 And God proceeded to make the two great luminaries, the greater luminary for dominating the day and the lesser luminary for dominating the night, and also the stars. 17 Thus God put them in the expanse of the heavens to shine upon the earth, 18 and to dominate by day and by night and to make a division between the light and the darkness. Then God saw that [it was] good. 19 And there came to be evening and there came to be morning, a fourth day.

elder-schmelder

• 1914BS
    1914BS

SPOT ON!!!!!!

OH........just a typo I guess

• Aculama
    Aculama

Gen 1;3-5= sun Gen 1:14-19= sun, moon, stars in their proper place.

Are you really intrested, or do you wish to be contentious?

• james_woods
    james_woods

Gen 1;3-5= sun Gen 1:14-19= sun, moon, stars in their proper place.

Are you really intrested, or do you wish to be contentious?

I would guess that he is making the point that this area of Genesis is very hard to assign as a literal geological or cosmological history of the earth. BTW, not even the witnesses really do this, (for all their Bible is Literal mantra). Last I heard, they were pretty much back to the days being seven thousand years, after flirting with the "several thousand years" vagueness. Where is any of that in the Bible?

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

Verse 16 is the one that says when the SUN was created. Verse 3 Says that Light was created.

I dont know how light could be created with out the Sun (or some other star).

Elder-schmelder

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

I am interested in hearing other peoples OPINION on this.

Elder-schmelder

• Aculama
    Aculama

In Gen. 1:5 God called the light day. I quess "daylight" is all they (the plants) needed.

• Gopher
    Gopher

It's just one of many ancient creation myths. This just touches on the tip of the iceberg of logical and scientificals difficulties in Genesis' first 11 chapters.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Seriously enough - doesn't this account have "flying creatures" made before "crawling land animals"? - IIRC -

That seems pretty out of whack with the fossil record, doesn't it?

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

It is hard for me to take this as literal.

I have the watchtower that explains how the days were periods of 1,000 years. The creative weeks are a peroid of 7,000 years. So it all started about 49,000 years ago.

Elder-schmelder

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit