Tennis Players----Who Are Your Favorites?

by minimus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I used to love Jimmy Connors and John McEnroe. Roger Federer is unbelievable!! And I'm a big Serena Williams fan.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Yeah I'm a big tennis nut; I love going to see the big players, and here are some threads I started with photos I took of them:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/26/135847/1.ashx
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/26/135847/1.ashx

I started watching tennis in the late '70s, so I have good memories of Chris Evert, Guillermo Vilas, Jimmy Connors, Bjorn Borg, and remember being really impressed by Billie Jean King when I was in third or fourth grade. I was a big McEnroe fan in the early and mid-'80s, although Yannick Noah wowed me at the French Open as well. I love watching serve-and-volley so McEnroe and the other prominent serve-and-volleyers were big in my book. Loved seeing Sampras and Agassi go at each other as much as seeing Federer and Nadal today. In recent years, my most favoritest tennis players are Kim Clijsters and Roger Federer. Kim has retired but I am happy that I got to meet her. Roger's game has slipped this year, so I am on real pins and needles about the semifinal tomorrow -- hope Roger can pull out a miracle to get past Novak. Nadal is great too -- but for me it's more in terms of hotness and eye candy. ;) In terms of women players, right now I am fans of Dinera Savina (who made a great run this year) and Ana Ivanovic, and now I am warming up more to Maria Sharapova and the Williamses now that Kim has retired. I admire Venus Williams for all that she has done to fight for equality in women's tennis and I also admire the both of them for the stand against Indian Wells that they have taken over the years -- that shows some real principle there. Between the two of them, I suppose I like Venus' game better but it is really negligible because they are both so good.

Oh yeah, you can also see my pictures on Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26003188@N06/

• excito-are
    excito-are

Has to be Andy Murray. I think its time for him to beat Nadal. Pete Samprass was truly outstanding in his time.

• minimus
    minimus

Sampras was GREAT!! No question. I think Nadal will be great while he's at the top and I think that's for a very short time period. I can't see him playing as he does without eventually, soon, losing some spark. I think he's humbly correct about Federer being da best!

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

"Has to be Andy Murray"

My answer would be anyone but Andy Murry

• wobble
    wobble

Cliff Richard

Wobble

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Venus, Venus, Venus ....

Those long, long, long legs .... .....

Wrap me up woman (after I get permission from Mrs. Rub a Dub of course)

Whhhooooooo ........

Rub a Dub

• choosing life
    choosing life

Current players, I like Ana Ivanovich and Safina on the women's side. There seems to be a less great players to get behind since Henin and Kim Clysters retired. I could never get into the William's sisters, although they are talented.

Current players on the men's side, I like Nadal the best. Hope he stays around for a while. Djokovic is pretty good too. I see a lot more up and coming talent on the men's side.

Past players, I loved Pete Sampras, John Mackenroe, Jimmy Conners, Googa, Agassi, Chrissy Everett, Martina Navratolova, Henin, Clysters and many more.

I love tennis! Please forgive my spelling of some of the names.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Anna Hornykova

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Marie "nipples" Bueno

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit