What was your first Computer?

by The Lone Ranger 43 Replies latest jw friends

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

The last topic got me thinking about this.

My first Computer was back in 1981, a Sinclair ZX81, it has 1k of memory. Then in 1982 I progressed to a Clone of an Apple 2 with 16k of memory which I incresed to 48k, a floopy drive for that apple cost me $600 !!! .

In approx 1987 I got an IBM XT 640megs with a 20Meg hard drive..it was like a dream

Computer have really come along way since then...

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

trs 80 from radio shack it had a tape drive and worked with dos. That was back in the 80's.

• poppers
    poppers

A 386SX with a 16mhz processor (later upgraded to a blistering 24 mhz), 40 meg hard drive, and a gigantic 8 meg of memory - this was in 1992. It cost $2100, and that was with no software other that whatever was the current DOS. My brother loaded it up with lots of pirated software, games and Windows 3.1 - I was just reminiscing the other day about some of those great games: The King's Quest series, Space Quest series, Robin Hood, Leisure Suit Larry, Monkey Island, Kyrandia and others I have forgotten about. I loved those adventure games by Sierra Online the most.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Texas Instruments TI-99/4A computer. I had to use a tape recorder to save any work I had.

It was a piece of crap! Wish I still had it, though. Apperantley it's worth some money now, LOL.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

My first HOME computer was a Win 95

• Honesty
    Honesty

Texas Instruments TI-99/4A

After it became obsolete, I loaded a cassette with a Morse Code program into it, interfaced a 12 volt radio Shack relay between it and a shortwave transciever and used it to send and receive Morse code until another shortwave operator wanted to trade a new-in-the-box Kenwood 220 MHz VHF transciever for it. He didn't have to ask twice.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

When I was 14 or so, I borrowed a Sinclair ZX-80 from an elder in the congregation and hooked it up to my parents black and white TV. Not long after that I bought my very own TI-99/4A. I spent countless hours on that thing programming in "Extended Basic."

Dave

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Commodore 64. Best little computer!!!

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Commodore 64. My sister and I saved up quite a bit just to buy the floppy disk drive....then an adapter so as to use a Star NX-1000 dotmatrix ( 9 Pin) printer with it instead of the one from Commodore.

But my most loved computer platform is the Amiga. Bought a used A1000 on my own and went from there. I'm currently stuck on a celeron based PC.

Wondering if Apple will ever update the specs on the Mini.

• Beep,Beep
    Beep,Beep

A trash 80 with both tape and floppy drives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit