Do JWs eat shrimp, crab, lobster, clams, and mussels?

by sacolton 22 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

I'll play devil's advocate...

true, the mosaic law code prohibited the eating of blood. But Jesus fulfilled the law covenant thus wiping out all the laws previously set. But then later, (through God's spirit, of course wink wink) the abstaining of blood was again brought to followers of Christ. So between the couple of scriptures in the OT and the one in the NT...you have all the evidence you need to prove that Joe Hober doesn't want you eating or transfusing blood. Simple, really...

• yknot
    yknot

Colton,

You know the drill, those Mosaic laws don't apply.

Blood is a Noahide law

The JWs reference both Mosaic scriptures as well as Acts.

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

Acts 10:15

The Mosaic Law was fulfilled. The various festivals, dietary restrictions, etc. were not necessary any more. Some still were hard-headed about it, and they had meetings about it, and reaffirmed certain principles: sexual conduct, blood, etc. But not dietary restrictions as far as chewing cud, scales, and all that.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

prominent COs love being taken out for lobster dinners - trust me on this one

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I like shrimp cocktails, fried shrimp, baked shrimp, shrimp on rice, shrimp with shrimp, boiled shrimp.........

• caliber
    caliber

If all of the Noahide Law applies to us (such as blood law ) what of the follow command ?

1:28: "God blessed Noah and his sons, and said to them, 'Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth.'" In verse 7 the command is repeated: "And you be fruitful and multiply, bring forth abundantly on the earth and multiply in it."

Must all Christains feel under command to marry and have many children ?

• besty
    besty

There was a ban in place on the eating of the bearded clam for a while, but I believe that ban has now been rescinded, or has it?

• sacolton
    sacolton

Steamed bearded clams?

• besty
    besty

Not sure of the best preparation technique for the bearded clam - always thoroughly wash before serving, perhaps enjoy responsibly with some champagne.

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

I recently found out that it is not actually "blood" in a lobster, but an analogue to blood called hemolymph, which is present in all arthrodods, and most mollusks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit