Being Reinstated After being DFed - Were You Treated Bad Back Inside ?

by flipper 28 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

I was DFed from 1998 to 2002. I was scared $hitless from the 9-11 attacks and wanted to have a better relationship with my witness daughters. Well- my relationship with my daughters at the time improved - however I was still shunned by rank and file members inside the congregation. Inside and outside the kingdom hall. Several times I'd invite " weaker " publishers over for dinner- and they would accept, however in 2 years at that congregation my family and I were never invited to others homes for a meal. Even elders I'd be in field service with- if we took a break and stopped by my house for a restroom or drink break- the elders refused to come inside my home. And yet they were so willing to give me advise about what was happening in my personal life.

So- What about you folks ? Did you , or anybody you know experience this lack of love and real authentic caring after you were reinstated.? Or was someone you know treated badly after being reinstated ? Even though we are told that " allegedly" all members of the congregation are to forgive and forget ? As always- I look forward to your responses on this

• garybuss
    garybuss

I got the privilege of being treated bad without being disfellowshipped. I'm what's know in Witness snub class as a one stepper.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Flipper, Where were you when you heard about 9/11 attacks?

• Lease
    Lease

i was still considered bad association. Though the guy who was df'd with me, was free to date and marry at the hall. my friend would not have any thing to do with me and shunned me after being reinstated. 9 months after being reinstated, she saw me talking to her son and told her son not to talk to me, i was a corruptive influence. no one spoke to me. i even asked the elders to have someone study with me to get me strong again. no go. i was being shunned all over again. i did write a little about this in the thread (post # 101) "what is your standing in the hall".

lease

• Warlock
    Warlock

Flippy,

I have heard of experiences just like yours.

If Jehovah forgives, does not call your sins up into his mind, and does not hold them against you, THEN WHY DO THOSE WHO CLAIM TO BE HIS PEOPLE HOLD THEM AGAINST YOU AFTER YOU HAVE BEEN FORGIVEN!!!!!!!!??????

READ THAT, LURKERS!

Warlock

• Maddie
    Maddie

Hi Mr Flipper

In answer to your question, I was at one time reinstated because back then I still half believed it was the "Truth" and also I wanted my family back. It didn't take me long to realise that if I had expected to be received with abundant love I was going to be very disappointed. There is so much fear with the JW's that there isn't much room for love which is very sad when you think of it. The so-called "spiritually strong" are the worst when it comes to showing hospitality to reinstated ones, probably because they don't want to tarnish their whiter than white reputations!

Maddie

• asilentone
    asilentone

Lease, where is your post #101?????? You have 38 posts

• Lease
    Lease

oops....Under the Topic:

"What is your present status in the organization"

it is the 101'st reply.

i said "post" instead of "reply".

lease

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Flipper, my ex and I were treated the same as you, and neither of us were ever DF'd. We were treated that way when we were pioneering™.

It hurt at the time, but it made leaving the cult a lot easier for me.

W

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

People who are D/F..Have "DisfellowShipped Germs!"..You might catch them!..LOL!!...............I don`t think there is much acceptance once you have been D/F,and are re-enstated..I`ve never seen it.....Your not really welcome back.......It`s just one more WBT$ "Myth",another JW "Urban Legend".........You people were treated terribly..That is so sad...............Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit