NT Only for the 144,000?

by ItsJustMe 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

REV BILL

What's up with you dude? I AM a Christian, just not one of them there dubs.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Yadirf says:

The Greek Scriptures are secondarily meant for the "other sheep", and primarily for those who will rule with Christ. The main emphasis has always been on completing the number of the ruling class which will total out at 144,000.
    This is a prime example of the Watchtower's technique of making an assertion that has absolutely no basis in scripture, and then standing back and tacitly saying, "now prove us wrong." Read the two sentences quoted above carefully, and then consider the following: not one word in either of those sentences has any basis in scripture whatsoever!! Instead of all of you rushing to your Bibles to refute Yadirf's assertions (not that there's anything wrong with that), we ought to be calling both him and the Watchtower Society on its lack of scriptural basis. If Yadirf thinks that those two sentences have a firm basis in the scriptures, then HE needs to supply the scriptures and arguments that prove his point. The burden of proof is 100% upon him, if he expects anyone else to believe what he says. So, Yadirf, can you do that?

Tom
    "The truth was obscure, too profound and too pure; to live it you had to explode." ---Bob Dylan

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Windows NT is for everyone, not just the 144,000.

ashi

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

And then You Know says:

Yes, the so-called New Testament was written to those who are spoken of as being in the new covenant; who are a new creation; who sing as if a new song; who are part of the new heavens; who are to rule over a new earth. Other than that, there's really nothing new under the sun.
    Another Watchtower technique of taking a few words from a lot of different scriptures, jamming them all together and insisting, without any proof, that they all belong together. Again, while the terms themselves (e.g., new covenant, new creation, new song, new heavens, new earth) are in themselves scriptural terms, there is absolutely no scriptural basis for assigning them all to a special ruling class of Christians to the excluding of all other Christians. The Watchtower makes the assertion, and, again, in effect, stands back and says "now try to prove us wrong."

I notice that You Know has emerged again after a long silence to offer more of his baseless assertions. He disappeared for quite a few days right after I challenged him to offer scriptural evidence for several of the Society's judicial practices over in this thread: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=15500&site=3
    Still waiting for those scriptures, YK!

Tom
    "The truth was obscure, too profound and too pure; to live it you had to explode." ---Bob Dylan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit