Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear At the 08-31-08 WT Study (FIRST LOVE)

by blondie 19 Replies latest jw friends

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

Gracias

Ismael

• garybuss
    garybuss

It's another cattle call. Loaded up with cliches, assumptions, and hot button words. Tickle the fear hairs, then load em up on truth, right, safety, friends, and more truth and right. These articles are designed to re-set em and keep em working for one week until next Sunday when they can be re-set with another motivation article that stays safely inside one tight little circle.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

This article makes me angry. Who the hell do they think they are blaming the r&f for their oloosing a "sense of urgency."

You can only poke a dog for so long and he will either leave or just give up.

This is one dog who was poked one time too many.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Paragraph 9 states that Jehovah supposedly takes an interest in us. I can honestly say that He has never once taken an interest in anything except what He can get from me, not in me. About all I have to go by is the promises made in the Suffer Forever book and from the humanoid that dragged me into the cancer, along with the fake experiences from the washtowels, yearbooks, and the a$$emblies.

Since having others get all the good experiences or having experiences that solely benefit Jehovah Tyrant will not make me feel any love for Him, and that's all He ever was going to give me, it is only natural that I have totally abandoned any love for that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag and have developed a deep hatred for Him. Hatred for refusing to fulfill any of the promises He ever made for me. Hatred for hounding me to continue serving Him despite that He was never going to fulfill any of them. And, once I have read the accounts in the Bible without washtowel bias, I have seen His acts as initiatory force and fraud (along with threat of force) against people for no reason.

• bobld
    bobld

Thanks,blondie

Maybe I am wrong but it looks like this is a wake call,because many are fading.

40 years ago they sold houses end is near,Now they can't clean houses.

25 years ago sold houses end around corner,Now can barely clean houses,

5 years ago sold house end any hour.Now couple divorced.

Delusions in la la land.

Bob

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Patching up the levees and hoping that they hold against the tide....that is the metaphor for this article, written from the comfort and isilation of a Brooklyn office, while support haemorrhages from the congregations.

1] Perhaps you realized that you had been misled. But how you rejoice now that you have been enlightened!

Yes, now that I have left the Borg!

6}The truth has not changed

Compare:

* jv chap. 10 p. 121 Growing in Accurate Knowledge of the Truth *

Frequently they referred to their Scriptural beliefs as "present truth"—not with any idea that truth itself changes but rather with the thought that their understanding of it was progressive.

Spot the difference ? I cannot ...Sound more more like Orwellian Doublethink, or the ability to accept two differing views at the same time..

11] If you do not feel the same love for God and the truth that you once felt, this is not because anything has changed on his part. Jehovah never changes.

Oh no!, it must be your fault if you no longer appreciate the beatiful truth as much as you did. You must be a selfish person ! - more Orwellian thinking..And anyway, many of us have not fallen out with God (Jehovah) ..just the WTS..Notice how they blur the two together.

14]But what would be the point of looking into a mirror if we did nothing to correct a defect we saw? We are wise if we act on the basis of what we see in God's "perfect law," becoming "doers" of it.

We acted ok...we left,.May the others do the same....

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

"Many of your spiritual brothers will tell you that they felt elated, close to Jehovah, and grateful that he had drawn them."

Only at cooked to order convention parts; no one talks like this is real life. More likely: I am a witness because my parents and grandparents were. When deciphered, it means the parents and grandparents did not do diligent research into the cult that knocked on their door.

"The truth has not changed."

Truth never does; but the WT is not recognizable as the religion that Russell founded. Doctrines he knew nothing about:

DF’ing for smoking
    DF’ing for touching boobs
    DF’ing for not agreeing with leadership
    Ban on blood
    Forbidding to work in churches
    The entire great crowd teaching!!
    The generation flip flops
    Sodom and Gomorrah, resurrected or not, many times switched
    Who were the superior authorities? Governments, Russell said; elders, Rutherford said

Things Russell and Rutherford taught that modern day Witnesses know nothing about:

1914 marked the END of the tribulation, not the beginning
    1915 was the alternate date for the END
    1925 marked the return of the princes of the bible
    The years during world war II were the last days
    Russell celebrated birthdays and holidays, and used the cross and crown on the Watchtower.
    The Golden Age wrote that aluminum cookware would kill you, that germs don’t cause disease, that doctors were charlatans (!!) and that vaccination was deadly pus and did not stop disease.
    The Golden Age had ads for Miracle Wheat, and the Electric curing machine, can’t remember the name.

Truth doesn’t change?
    NO, but the WT changes every year.

• caliber
    caliber

Blondie,

Notice that "legitimate concerns" providing materially for yourself and your family, staying healthy, are no excuse for missing meetings and turning in sufficient time. And what is adequately as opposed to lavishly in the WTS estimation? The WTS has said that God's day has been near since
    1879, isn't that 129 years; even Noah's day only waited 120 years

This is a very small but highly significant point ! thank you !

Caliber

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Great job Blondie!

Q5, 6. (a) Of what must each Christian convince himself? (b) What convinced you that Jehovah's Witnesses teach the truth?(c) What can help a person to refresh the love he had at first?

On the A question, I suggest that each Christian convince himself (or herself) that he (or she) is really following Jesus, and not blindly obeying a corporation operated out of Brooklyn offices overlooking the East River.

I'm with Jerry on the B question. Back in the 70s and 80s, they had the future planned out with the "this generation" prophecy and "the King of the North". Every publication reinforced such points about how soon the end would come, who would do what and when. Their "iron clad" scriptural interpretation convinced me then that JWs must have the truth. But, as para. 3 quoted Jesus in Rev. chap 2, "that you put those to the test who say they are apostles, but they are not, and you found them liars." The leaders of Watch Tower Corporation have proven themselves to be false prophets.

Consequently, on the C question, "refresh the love"? Hmmm, perhaps if they invent a time machine to take me back to my youth, I could tell everyone that Watch Tower Corporation is full of sh!t... yeah, then I'd feel the love.

Q8. How did Jehovah identify himself to Moses, and how did the Israelites come to know God more
    intimately?

8. To illustrate, consider the situation in which the Israelites found themselves when Jehovah stated his purpose to deliver them from slavery in Egypt. God identified himself to Moses, saying: "I shall prove to be what I shall prove to be." (Ex. 3:7, 8, 13, 14) In effect, Jehovah was saying that he would take on any role necessary to free his people. In the events that followed and as circumstances required, the Israelites saw Jehovah reveal different facets of his personality-as the Almighty, as a Judge, a leader, a Deliverer, a Warrior, and a Provider.

I think they left out that the Israelites came to know God as discriminatory and vengeful when 3000 were killed for worshipping an idol that Aaron made. That's the Aaron that wasn't killed for his role in idolatry, but became the first High Priest, who facilitated idolatry, death, and a Godly plague. Yes, the Israelites came to know God as alternately a benefactor, and a murderous, slaughtering, b!tch-god. Need more examples? Read the book. It's no wonder 9 out of 10 Israelites preferred Baal over Jehovah.

Here's my choice for the official DUH! sentence of this lesson: "Your situation differs from that of the ancient Israelites." In case any readers mistook themselves for Hebrews living a few thousands years ago, the FDS has cleared up your confusion. Jeez. Of course the whole paragraph is full of speculative statements to "inspire" the reader. Here, let's add some useful phrases to clear things up... or not.

9. Your situation may differ from that of the ancient Israelites. Even So, you have likely, or likely not, had experiences that convinced you of God's personal interest in you, which strengthened your faith, or not. Perhaps, or perhaps not, Jehovah proved himself to be in some way a Provider, a Comforter, or a Teacher, or a blood-thirsty, war-mongering, mass-murdering bronze age god. (Read Isaiah 30: 20b, 21 Numbers 11:33.) Or you may have sensed a clear answer to a prayer... or not. You might have been facing a challenge, and then a fellow Christian provided help... or not. Or personal study may have brought appropriate scriptures to your attention... or not.

I loved paragraph 11. In one paragraph, they use "you" 9 times, and "more" 6 times. A not-so-subliminal message for "you" to do "more". As if that pile of crap doesn't stink enough, it's as if that pile of crap takes a crap, producing an even crappier paragraph 16.

Q16. To what danger do you need to be alert when examining yourself in the light of the Scriptures?

16. Any honest self-examination is bound to reveal some weaknesses. That could make one feel downhearted, but do not allow that to happen to you. After all, the objective of self-examination is to identify where improvement can be made. Satan, of course, would like a Christian to feel worthless because of his imperfections. In fact, the assertion has been made that God despises all efforts to serve him. (Job 15:15, 16; 22:3) That is a lie that Jesus vigorously contested; God considers each one of us precious. (Read Matthew 10:29-31.) An awareness of your imperfections should instead make you humbly resolved to do better, with Jehovah's help. (2 Cor. 12:7-10) If illness or age are factors that limit what you can do, then set goals that are reasonable, but do not give up or let your love wane.

Who are they kidding? The Watch Tower Corporation, of course, would like a Christian to feel worthless because of his imperfections. That is their method of control. Guilt. Loading up the burdens to make the R&F feel like inadequate, weak, imperfect, morons that should never question The Corporation, but should stay in line and recruit more drones. It is a manipulative, mind-control cult. Guilt the flock and blame Satan for them feeling guilty... so do more, more, more.

And, how about a review question:

Why should you analyze your love for God?

You should analyze your love for God, because Watch Tower Corporation is desperately trying to take the place of God in your affections. They are trying to take all the cash out of your wallets. And they are trying to control your life and doom your future to slavery to a corporation's dictates. Compared to Watch Tower Corporation, the oil companies and "satanic" governments are saintly and beneficent.

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks everyone for your comments. I'd like to recognize everyone but I am on the road.

Love, Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit