Your thoughts on this letter please.

by sleepy 11 Replies latest jw friends

• outnfree
    outnfree

Sleepy,

I, too, think you will be disappointed with the Society's NEXT reply, as you are with this one. It feels good getting it off one's chest though, doesn't it? I also think the Society's next move will be to involve your body of elders. If you are prepared for this, by all means, carry on.

However, I urge caution with your categorization that

I thought it was the belief that the faithful and discrete slave has only been in existence in the last days so the bible doesn’t seem to support the idea you present . 1st century Christians wouldn’t have followed a faithful slave as it didn‘t exist. So how can we be like 1st century Christians and look to the “governing body of that slave class”?[quote]

and again, elsewhere [quote]I thought it was the belief that the faithful and discrete slave has only been in existence in the last days so the bible doesn’t seem to support the idea you present .

If you leave this in, I fear the service department will seize on this point to negate the entire rest of your letter. I always thought the Society teaches that the anointed [and by IMPLICATION only, I understand] the Faithful and Discreet Slave have always been in existence from the 1st Century down to our 22nd! (<<--heehee!)

A rewording somehow that the existence of these anointed as the faithful and discreet slave foretold by Christ was 'brought to light' during these last days might help avoid that and force them to concentrate on the rest of your excellently presented points.

Question: Do you have an exit PLAN in mind? You would do well to have one and to consider the consequences before you send this follow-up. Good Luck!

outnfree

When the truth is found to be lies
    and all the joy within you dies ...
    -- Darby Slick, Somebody to Love

• ballistic
    ballistic

I agree with the previous replies, but all I can say is...
    that is some f**ked up logic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit