Should I try internet dating? Does it work?

by Witness 007 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• S3RAPH1M
    S3RAPH1M

I have friends that have slammed plenty ladies off interweb dating sites. It helps if you got six - eight pack abs.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I wouldn't discount it.

One of my sisters dated through an internet site and did meet some guys but nothing long lasting. On the other hand some friends of mine met on a dating site and got married. I wouldn't hestitate to try it but I would be cautious...you should also recognize that as you move on you will change so what you fill out as interests etc at this stage might not be the same a year from now. My sister went nuts over the number of guys, fresh out of relationships (less than 2 years) who were out looking for women to date but who had a ton of unresolved issues.

Good luck! Have fun! sammieswife.

• halcyon
    halcyon

I've never tried internet dating sites but I've heard you've gotta get through some crap before you find a good one. That's kinda like real life though.

I have experience meeting people in chat rooms. I'm probably one of those who triggered all the "special needs" talks, LOL, cuz I met a guy online in the 1990s who I fell deeply in love with. I didn't have the strength back then to leave everything for a 'worldly' man ... I asked him to study with JW and he did, but didn't accept it ... I "did the right thing" and broke it off. Life happened. Over a decade later, I'm back in contact with him, hoping to finally do the ACTUAL "right thing" and date him. I've never met anyone I felt was better suited to me than him.

I think chat rooms and message boards work very well, as long as you don't go there "looking" for a date. Find a couple of message boards on topics that interest you, and become an active member. Pretty soon you'll get to know people and you'll "click" with some of them, and I'll bet in among those people will be several single women who will be interested in you as well.

• Devilsnok
    Devilsnok

Wow Witness 007 sure seems to be taking a battering here in this thread, a battering that he never asked for. The mans hurting, hes angry, its all a part of that grieving process of losing his wife, cut him some slack ffs. What I'm seeing here from Witness 007 is a very typical psychological behaviour from a male thats been brought up in the truth. In the past he's lacked the balls to tell his wife to take a hike but hes doing it now.

Growing up in the truth emotionally castrates men, we take all kinds of sh*t and put up with it because of the cr*p we've had our heads filled with by the org. However coming out of the protective enviroment of "the truth" means growing balls, and I san see Witness 007 doing this. Real balls don't develope over night and neither do emotional ones so cut him some slack and get off his back.

My first "worldly" girlfriends was a passive / aggressive bitch, she treated me like crap but I put up with it because I didn't know any better but my resentment grew and grew until one day I woke up and realised I was being taken for a ride, *My balls dropped* and she got the boot right out of the blue she didn't even see it coming. I've walked in his shoes, I can judge him - have you?

Don't criticise a bloke for not having the emotional tools that he needs to get through a certain aspect of life, we weren't raised with the whole tool kit and we have to learn them AT OUR OWN RATE.

• zagor
    zagor

LOL Devilsnok, well I'll agree with you I might have been too harsh there myself. But at the time I've had impression he needed a jolt, something to wake him up. But I hope he took it as a friendly advice from someone who has been through shit of marriage break up.

Like I said, I believe he is a good person. But I hope he takes my advice and gets involved into something that will challenge him like martial arts or alike which will help him to toughen up and enjoy being in his own skin. That was the main point I was trying to put across. But otherwise I like his posts and when I’m back in Aussie I hope to treat him with a Foster's or two ;)

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

I'm just wondering if jgnat has some mystical power that lets her ascertain all these amazingly insightful things about W007. Good grief, he's just asked for some advice as he has some thoughts about the future - no need to bash him into the ground. Hope things work out well for you W007. If we can learn from mistakes we've made then all well and good. My advice: give yourself time, don't rush and be honest with those whom you meet. Until then, all the best with coping in your situation.

• CornishBird
    CornishBird

I've just married the man I met on line a few years ago and we've just had a baby. I met and kissed a few frogs (which was fun at the time) before I met my prince. My one piece of advice is talk on line by all means but don't have too many expectations when you meet face to face. I've had to quickly retreat from many a date but I've also had some rather pleasing brief encounters.

Good luck!

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee
    I'm scared of being lonely

There is nothing to be scared of. Women will pick up on this in a heartbeat and steer a wide berth away from you. You need to be on your own for a while before you can start dating, discover who you are. Don't rush into things.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit