Did Jehovah really prove Satan wrong?

by easyreader1970 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• james_woods
    james_woods

Actually, the WTS teaches that it isn't until the end of the 1,000 reign that Satan and his followers are all destroyed. From then on the WTS teaches that anyone who disobeys "God" will be instantly destroyed. Based on that, it seems that the WTS doesn't teach that Satan is proved wrong until then.

Blondie

And, the WTS teaches that the "second death" will always be kept around to vaporize any future miscreants who might exercise their free will in a way that god does not like, true? Seems like a hell of a waste of several thousand years and billions of human lives, just to settle a bet. I guess the Job thingie was only a little side wager while waiting for the big paramutual in the sky...

• caliber
    caliber

Actually, the WTS teaches that it isn't until the end of the 1,000 reign that Satan and his followers are all destroyed. From then on the WTS teaches that anyone who disobeys "God" will be instantly destroyed. Based on that, it seems that the WTS doesn't teach that Satan is proved wrong until then.

Blondie

I believe Blondie makes a very good point the final judgment is when the Axe falls

and that's way down the road .I think to make any predictions and judgments now is like

"calling a horse race winner half-way to the to the finish line " We simply can't comprehend the long term outcome .I think the point Blondie is making is don't short

change God in his long term purpose

Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

Isa 55:8 ΒΆ For my thoughts [are] not your thoughts, neither [are] your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

Isa 55:9 For [as] the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts

Fear motivates many religious people to serve their gods. It's only when you have the freedom to make good decisions and not make them motivated by fear, that you can choose to make good decisions out of love. This is one reason I know the Universalist way of looking at the world makes the most sense. And universalism includes every intelligent being and gives them the credit to eventually come to the right decisions out of love. It also includes all belief systems as ways to God..... FHN

"The power of love" is the whole bases of God's purpose

Never may bitterness, hurt or frustration blind us or destroy our hope.

The tools that God has given...... Faith-Hope-Love is still the ultimate answer !

To see the ultimate eternal purpose of God is difficult for our short lives but faith, hope

love shall always "empower " your heart to face all things even which are now present.

God still reaches out his hands in gesture of love and compassion for us ... In such

Scriptures above ......Can you not see this ?

My understanding is that God will grant us freedom within the framework of a few common

sense restrictions.. not unlike you as loving father to your child.

Caliber

• caliber
    caliber
    Did Jehovah really prove Satan wrong?

This question is like me asking you ... did you really die in 2050 ?

Do not confuse past, present and future tenses The issue is a future one !

Caliber

• caliber
    caliber
    God, please create a rock too heavy for yourself to lift. If you can't create it,
    then you are obviously flawed, if you can... why can't you lift it?

Here is a perfect example of where human reason can lead you

Caliber

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Here is a perfect example of where human reason can lead you

Caliber

Indeed. The past three Caliber posts are the quintessential perfect example.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

james_woods:

Indeed. The past three Caliber posts are the quintessential perfect example.

They're more an example of what happens when humans don't use reason.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Calibre said, 'Actually, the WTS teaches that it isn't until the end of the 1,000 reign that Satan and his followers are all destroyed.'

Yes, and reliable bible and secular chronology, and sure signs on the earth and in the sky, together w the direction of j hoover's holy spirit has indicated that that 1000 riegn evidently began in 1975, or there abouts.

S

• caliber
    caliber

funkyderek,

Your post above amuses me and bring a small smile to my face !

We can always count on FD for a very honest answer! Honesty is one of the qualities

I appreciate in fellow humans ! Have a wonderful day !

Caliber

• caliber
    caliber

Satanus,

My quote was from Blondie... the most accurate information Queen on the internet

Caliber

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit