Russia and a new cold war

by jacethespace 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• justhuman
    justhuman

This Cold War was started by US unfortunalely. The fact that US consider themselves as an International Sherif has lead to this situation, plus US didn't had to push Russia with Georgia, Poland, and Ukraine by trying to make them members of NATO. It wasn't neccesary since Russia was going very well with Europe and cooperating in many aspects with US and EU.

Bush Administration has fallen into another serious mistake of misjudgement, just like they did in Iraq, Afganistan.I will not go through the lies that have been told regarding Iraq's chemical weapons in order to justify an illegal war against Iraq.

Georgia has received US military help, with training and weapons from US Army for the past 8 years,plus their President Shakasvili has studied in US, worked there, and received large ammount of finnancial help to win the ellections from US. There was a great controvercy that the result of the elections was fabricated, and this fact was accepted even by the EU observers.Then US falls into another mistake to use Shakasvily to attack Osetia. They thought that Russia wouldn't respond.

Gerogia troops killed at least 2000 civilians(Russians in Osetia) in just 2 days. The answer from Russia was like a thunder. US did not expect this response. In just 3 days the US trained Army of Georgia was vanished. Russia is feeling to be threaten, and it is logical from them to react. This was a message to all their near by neighbours and ex-communist allies that they will not accept having US benieth their nose.

US foreign policy has double standarts. They scream about Russias invation in Georgia, while it was Georgia that started the war, and they forget what they are doing in Iraq!!!They invated ILLEGALY without any U.N resolutions and they have destroyed Iraq, in order to get their hands of the Iraqi oil. They have recongnized Cossovo as a new Country, illegaly because Cossovo was always part of Serbia, and they are screaming because Russia did recognize Osetia. Double standarts in all of their glory!!!

The 37% of my country is occupied by the Turks since 1974. We have suffered genocide, 200,000 refugees left their homes ever since and they were never allowed to go back by the Turkish army(that used and still using U.S.A weapons ) Turkey commited war crimes and still does by bringing from Turkey immigrands to take the place of those refugees that they send way with the power of US weapons...

Since US really care about international order why did they NEVER asked Turkey to leave the Occupied land of Cyprus. UN resolutions are very clearly regarding Cyprus. All Turkish Troops must leave Cyprus and ALL refugees must go back to their homes. Why US never cared about those resolutions, or at least try to persuade Turkey to accept UN resolutions?To use US weapons for offensive purposes just like Turkey did in 1974 is against the US law. Why then they don't use any sanctions against the Turks, since they are in conflict with the US law?

The new cold war has started...and it US fault of this happening. Russia after the fall of Communism, build their economy very well, while US Goverment was making wars in Iraq, Serbia, Afganinstan for the last 18 years, and the cost of those wars was trillions of dollars.Russia slowly was creating strategic alliances with Europe, China, India, and in some latin America countries, and how they will use their nature sources for their benift. For Russia they don't mind for another Cold war since they know how to get through. At this momment Europe is largelly depending upon Russias oil and natural gas. No one in Europe wants to mess with them. Plus Russias war industry is going very well and in Europe(Greece and Turkey have turn into the Russian market for weapons the last 4 years, Iran also is buying Russias latest technology weapons),since they offer much better and reliable weapons from the US Army industry and most of all cheaper.

What happened in Georgia is just a warning from Russia of what they will do if they will be pushed more. Puttin said it clearly that they will strike even with military force if they have to. Georgia is the evidence. Russians politicians TALK LITTLE but act a lot.They have the weapons, the natural sources, money, and they will do it. Can US stoped them? They couldn't do it in Georgia a regime that US has build with US dollars and weapons. Unfortunalely all they did is to wake up the Bear,and the Bear is angry

For sure WT will come up with the revival of the King of North, and use this new events to catch more victims, or keep others from leaving WT. It will be a great War, just before the coming of Antichrist and it includes also many other aspects. All of them(US, Russia) are only playing part of God's plan.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Ukraine will be a prize to Russia

• zagor
    zagor

If the question is if I believe Russia is "the king of the north" as per WTBS then answer is NO. Acrobatical reasoning applied by wtbs here is so full of holes that you can sink Titanic through it. And no I don't think Bible is literal word of "god" either so on basis of that I'll withdraw from that part of the question

Having said that, as far as Russia is concerned I don't think we've seen the last of it yet, let's not forget they are sitting on stockpiles of nuclear weapons and any beast is the most dangerous when you corner them into position where they have nothing to lose. So I don't think that economic situation will somehow damper Russia's resolve.

If anything it will make them more pissed off and more inclined to react in rage. If our western leaders had any brains at all, they'd help Russia develop economically so as to lock them in international trade and commerce and bring them into position where they are dependant on international integrations and institutions like it is happening with China now. At the moment, Russians are feeling like odd one out, marginalized and made to feel like insignificant by western nations. Which is rather ironic when you think about it, everyone is jittery about Iran yet Russia has about the same amount of stockpiles like US and we somehow are completely unconcerned and think “they just wouldn’t do anything stupid”. Would you bet on it?

If you followed Putin’s reactions over the last several years you’d see that one thing which pissed him off in particular was impression of the western world that Russian opinion doesn’t matter anymore. I think, we might be in for a surprise there, I really hope I’m wrong on this one but if you know anything about Russian frame of mind, you’ll know what I’m talking about

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Russia is by far the biggest country in the world and huge mineral and other resources including energy. Write them off at your peril

• asilentone
    asilentone

Should I worry about it?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

remember 3 letters about Putin K G B

• asilentone
    asilentone

I am so scared, I better go to the top of the mountain.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

But Jace you know the JW prophecies don't add up to shit anyways so don't worry your little head, try reading a different magazine without ignorance and stupidity

throughout it will do your mind and your intellect both some good !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit