I was shunned and love-bombed yesterday!

by Tired of the Hypocrisy 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

I got quite a chuckle out of your story. Even when I was a Witness I couldn't believe how self righteous and rude some Witnesses could be to those who were inactive. Shunning those who are not DF'd or DA'd is purely a personal choice on the part of JW's who do it. I'm not sure what part of "Christian love" they are not understanding. I guess they must have skipped over the scriptures about not judging others. I am reminded of a Witness couple I used to know who took pride in the fact that they would refuse to see their own family members who were no longer going to meetings regularly. It was less than a year later that I heard that they no longer went to meetings any more either!

• willyloman
    willyloman

Among dubs, marking and bad associations are among Mother's most widely misundertood doctrines and teachings. The friends are often caught between their personal feelings (and good manners) and "the rules: and never know what to do. Some decide to wear their feelings on their sleeves; others run like hell in the opposite direction.

It used to be awkward for me; but now I can handle either encounter. It's all about attitude.

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager
    I shouted back after her, "Is it Shiboleth or Siboleth?"

LOL. I wonder if she got it, or if she was too busy running in blind panic.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I've just recently received the shunning blank stare and escape. I did hear about one sister who was blasting me to my friends. Fortunately all her info was hearsay and my few JW friends think she's a weirdo so no credibility was given to her

• ninja
    ninja

I've been love shunned by my wife....after we have sex she kicks me out of the bed.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit