I was shunned and love-bombed yesterday!

by Tired of the Hypocrisy 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Imagine that!

I was walking downtown in the morning when I crossed paths with one of the sisters from the hall. As I was walking toward the little cell phone shop she had just walked out of when she looked right at me and whirled on her heel 180 degrees and walked really fast to the bank. I called back after her but she just walked even faster and almost ran into the bank. Just so happens that was my target so I went in after her and I got in line right behind her. I asked her how her and her family were and she looked at me like I had three heads or something, said nothing, then bolted for the door like she had the Hershey-Squirts! I shouted back after her, "Is it Shiboleth or Siboleth?" LOL

I am not a disfellowshipped Jehovah's Witness, but only an inactive one who was dunked in 1981 after having been raised in it since 1968.

Later, I went to the Farmer's Market to get some more of their great canteloupes and tree ripened nectarines. While browsing their goodies a jw couple I barely knew from the local hall asked me how me and my wife have been doing and said they missed us at the meetings. I told them that wifey has been very ill and I have been caring for her. They offered to come and help me with her and to even study with us if we thought we could use the spiritual food. They were so sincere. I told them that I would call them if wifey felt up to a visit. (She won't so I won't.) They tried to keep me tied up there by talking about how much we are missed and to come back to Jehovah's waiting and loving arms.....

Two extremes of the scale in one day. The end must be right around the corner!!

• White Dove
    White Dove

Oh my goodness! Where'd the bitch get the idea that you were df'd?

The second encounter sounded very loving and sincere.

Maybe sometime down the road they will find that the love they have for others is not the love that's shown at the khall and they'll find their way out the door.

That must have been one weird day for you.

• blondie
    blondie

jws are allowed to make personal decisions about someone not being "good association." That is why many inactive jws experience the same thing you did, treated as if df'd by some and with kindness by others.

Here is what some jws use to justify avoiding inactive jws:

*** w85 4/15 p. 31 Questions From Readers ***This general counsel is also valid today. For example, a Christian couple may find that their children are adversely affected when they spend time with certain other youngsters, who may not yet take the truth seriously or may be worldly minded. These other children may yet benefit from godly training. But until there is evidence of that, the couple might restrict their children as to playing with and visiting those youngsters. This would not be a ‘marking’ such as spoken of in 2 Thessalonians chapter 3. The parents simply are applying Paul’s advice to avoid "bad associations."

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

My informal marking was so funny, because they only people who got the memo on the first round just coincidentally were elders, elders' wives, and elders' adult children. From multiple congregations. Hmmmm.

• calico
    calico

I recently had an elder ignore me while I was at the grocery store. Could I be marked--since an elder ignored me?

• changeling
    changeling

The first sister must have been "more theocratic" than the second couple. She will get more brownie points, for sure.

changeling :)

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

calico: I would guess that just as in my case, an unofficial FYI will be passed around on you. Mark my words: it will be other elders, then their wives, then it will go on from there.

• flipper
    flipper

TIRED of the HYPOCRISY - Wow ! If those two comparitive experiences doesn't cause someone to have spiritual schizophrenia - I don't know what will ! Just goes to show you have your fake all for show witnesses ; and there were some who really tried to be authentic and nice. But why take the chance - right ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Tired Dude, you passed up an opportunity to make a fine JW couple crap their pants in public.

Perhaps you've forgotten how JWs will judge and generalize to say that every Catholic is a Nazi and every Catholic priest molests children. So, turn the tables and say how cruel, unfriendly, and judgmental JWs are, because one treated you that way.

They tried to keep me tied up there by talking about how much we are missed...

You should have proceeded to inform them of the shunning you received earlier in the day from Sister Self-Righteous. You are obviously NOT MISSED by her, and probably nearly all JWs. She didn't seem to miss you. She knew who you were and not just avoided you like you were DFd, but probably would have stabbed you if she had a knife. Then, when the dub-couple tried to redirect the conversation, just go back to how cruel some JWs are. Isn't she a Witness out going d2d trying to save people? And you can throw in how in these last days, some JWs are like Paul said, "having a form of godly devotion, but proving false to its power."

If anybody tries to pester you now, you can use her example for years and years. Plenty of JWs still in the congregations hold grudges like that for decades and use it as excuses at every opportunity. "So-and-so stumbled me."

But hey, I'm not telling you what to do. You're obviously too nice to be a JW. It would've been funny to have the JW couple excusing themselves to go put on clean drawers.

• berylblue
    berylblue

I'll never forget the day I was working and one of the "sisters" (I was DFed for smoking) came upon me. She recoiled in horror - literally, I kid you not - and left the store so quickly I wanted to look for skid marks. I wonder what she had come in to purchase, because she sure as hell didn't leave with anything - thanks to THE EVIL DFed SMOKER.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit