My daughter ask young Walmart cashier about shopping for college.....

by Thechickennest 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• beksbks
    beksbks

Don't apologize thechickenest (don't be a chicken ;). It's not a job one aspires to.

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

bek: Noted.

• junctions-wife
    junctions-wife

Actually, I do intend to spend the next 20 to 30 years at Wal-Mart. They have great benefits for their employees. I am honored to work there. How many companies do you know that share profits with all of their associates. And not just Managers. After 20 years you get 4 weeks of vacation plus and extra weeks pay. They automatically put in money into your 401k even if you don't put any of yourown money. yeah it can be a little crazy but that is any job.

Amanda

• Quester55
    Quester55

I don't personally have a problem with anyone working at Wal-mart, Trader Joes, or Bed, Bath and Beyond...IF that is what you truely want to do. What I feel badly about are the many bright, articulate young people who are encouraged to forego a college education and told that higher education is "wicked, evil, bad" What is wrong with being able to afford a decent apartment, reliable transportation, healthy food, and clothing?!? Why is everything normal seen as bad in the eyes of the Watchtower Society? One thing that comes to mind is that in University, one is required to exercise CRITICAL THINKING something the WTB&TS cannot afford for its members to do. The thinking person is a dangerous person, they ask questions, questions that the Society would rather not answer.

Quester55

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I have quite a few JW relatives that have worked at Wal-Mart and K-mart. There's nothing wrong with working at Wal-Mart. It's just that young JWs have so little choice of jobs because of no education, not being able to work on certain days and nights etc. It just really keeps you at a low level even for those that are capable of more.

• flipper
    flipper

CHICKENEST- I'm so glad your daughter is going to college and that she had the opportunity to see what happens to witness children when they are " forced " to put the witnessing work first. It makes you broke, it limits your business and employment opportunities ! Good work showing your daughter Dad ! Two thumbs up ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit