NBA fans please read

by perfectpie 11 Replies latest social physical

• perfectpie
    perfectpie

While drinking beer and gin/tonics at a sports bar, My friend and I argued over who the best NBA team would be. Please give us some help and tell who you think would win this game in a best of 7 series in a neutral court. Keep in mind that all the players are in their prime and consider how these would play as a unit as much as their career stats. You probably have your own pick for best team but say who you think would win and in how many games.

One team is:

Center- Shaq
    small forward- Kevin Garnett
    power forward- Dennis Rodman
    point guard- Jason Kidd
    shooting guard- Jordan

The other team is:

Center- Wilt Chamberlin
    small forward- Larry Bird
    power forward- Moses Malone
    point guard- Magic Johnson
    shooting guard- Chris Mullins

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Second team. Not even close.

• mike047
    mike047

First team OK except ....anyone bu shaq.
    WNBA to me is better. NEW YORK LIBERTY!!!

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

Sorry but shaq is a big cry baby and if he was not tall he would not even be in the sport. He cannot run, he cannot play defense. He is a publicity stunt.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I would have to say the second team. Mainly because Wilt the Stilt Chamberlin is the best all around center there was. Shaq is good, but he was not a Jayhawk.

Also the only man to score 100 points in a NBA game doesn't hurt either. One thing is for sure, free throws are about the same between Wilt and Shaq.

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

Jeremy's Hate Mail Hall Of Fame.
    http://hometown.aol.com/onjehovahside/ and [email protected]

• Seeker
    Seeker

Second team, no question, but how this list is missing Bill Russell is beyond belief.

• hannibal
    hannibal

Hello people, anyone ever hear of Jordan?

Team one in 6!

• Seeker
    Seeker

Ever heard of the Chicago Bulls in the mid-to-late 80s? Mediocre, despite the presence of Jordan. "What's Red & Black and plays golf in May?" "A Chicago Bull" -- saying from those days.

You get a dominant center to neutralize Shaq the way no modern-day center can, and Wilt and Russell more than qualify, Malone would school Rodman, Jason Kidd vs. Magic? ROFL!

No, the modern-day players wouldn't have much of a chance. The short-term memories of many sports fans always want to put the modern guys up against anyone. Those modern-day guys aren't as good, however. Jordan excepted, of course, but that's not enough as the 80s Bulls showed.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Seeker, don't forget Kevin Garnet will never have the range that Larry Bird had. Garnet has a nice 15 foot jumper and can dunk, but Bird could hit from anywhere five foot inside of half court.

Moses Malone was every bit as good of a defender as Dennis Rodman, and he could score. Isn't he one of the top five in career points?

Magic Vs. Kidd, that's no contest. Magic has over 120 triple doubles. Kidd has about 30. Magic can and did play every position on the court too.

Mullin Vs Jordan. Jordan would win this match up.

And the two centers would cancel each other out. Chamberlin and O'neal would score as many points, and free throw percentage is the same. Each is as big as the other, O'neal might have 20 lbs on Chamberlin, but that would not matter.

Bottom line, Jordan can't do it all himself, not playing the best there ever was.

The only person I would suggest is replace Chris Mullin with "Pistol" Pete Maravich.

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

Jeremy's Hate Mail Hall Of Fame.
    http://hometown.aol.com/onjehovahside/ and [email protected]

• crownboy
    crownboy

I guess I'd have to choose any team with Micheal Jordan on it, but I think a better pair of teams would be:

1st Team (modern day):

G- Micheal Jordan

"Magic" Johnson

F- Larry Bird

Karl Malone

C- Kareem Abdul Jabbar

2nd Team (old players):

G- Jerry West

Oscar Robertson

F- Bob Petit

Elgin Baylor

C- Bill Russell