Is this right? League bans 9 year old for being too good!

by keyser soze 18 Replies latest social current

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

A 9-year old pitching phenom has been banned from pitching in his age group because some parents have complained that he throws the ball too hard. Supposedly it has to do with the safety of the kids, though I think it's just another example of the wussifying of our country. There are definitely other factors at play:

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/8488564/9-year-old-barred-for-pitching-too-well

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

They are so full of it.

He has never hit a batter. NEVER. I don't know how many games he has pitched in up to this point, but it is a great stat. He has NEVER hit anyone.

I smell, I smell, I smell....

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

That Soccer Mom mentality is poison.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Little League parents can act so stupid! I've seen the film on some show on TV. They are wacked.

• JeffT
    JeffT

There's a jr league around here somewhere that doesn't keep score because it makes the losing team feel bad. Would anybody watch the olympics under conditions like this?

Get over it people.

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Jericho's coach and parents say the boy is being unfairly targeted because he turned down an invitation to join the defending league champion, which is sponsored by an employer of one of the league's administrators.

Sounds like either an "old boy network" in action or liberalism in action. Probably a mix of both.

Either way, the kid is getting screwed and getting an early life lesson on how things work. Hopefully he'll be just as talented at other skills and make something of himself in life if his promising baseball career is aborted by a bunch of adult children and whiny crybabies who want to punish excellence instead of rewarding it.

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

It was the big topic on sports radio today. No one could come up with a plausible reason that this could be covered by. Good for the boy's coach to not bend under the pressure and agree to NOT pitch him.

• Gregor
    Gregor

It is just a kids league. If this 9 yr old has a freak ability to throw the ball WAY harder than normal for the age group that is really cool but it is right for the responsible adults to step in and use some judgement before some other 9 yr old gets his teeth knocked out or worse.

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

Sports are dangerous.

There is just as much, no actually MORE of a chance that someone with less ability would hit a kid. Think about it.

He is like a super-sharp knife. It is less dangerous, because it works better.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I think the true reason for him being banned was his repeatedly testing postive for steroids (the "clear").

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit