In Memory of Ray Franz's Nephew ...

by compound complex 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• minimus
    minimus

Is Ray Franz' nephew dead? What's his name??

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

First, Raymond Franz is NOT dead

This is a quote from In Search of Christian Freedom pages 249-250 as was noted in the beginning post. The person who was deceased was a nephew of Ray's and would have been the great nephew of Fred Franz. His name is given as "James" (p250) in the book.

What this quote expresses is how the WTS today manufactures infomercials instead of funerals. The person was ignored. His life, his family, his friends were not allowed the opportunity to grieve.

A perfect example of how the WTS started the tradition of selling religion instead of having a funeral

• Beta Male
    Beta Male

i must admit to laughing out loud at that part of the book. that is, of course, because i didnt know the deceased.

• compound complex
  • compound complex
    compound complex

bttt for HappyGuy and any other dear ones who are suffering the loss of a beloved family member ...

CC

• snowbird
    snowbird

Bttt, especially in view of this:

I recall one summer in the late 1940s or early 1950s when he was at our family home in Kentucky on vacation

Sylvia

• AvocadoJake
    AvocadoJake

Nothing has changed with regard to funerals, why did these men become so robotic and scribal and pharisee like? I heard rumors about Ray when I was a child, had a friend who was at Bethel who said "Ray was at an gathering in Atlanta, and the plug was pulled on him due to mental problems." Lies spread so quick, and truth is slow to chase it down. What a story, I am going to buy this book.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Fred should have been shot for that intro , "isn't it great to be alive?" yes it sure is because I visit as many homosexual saunas as I like.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit