WORLDS APART: Actors Going in Service

by compound complex 33 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

Where's this guy's tie and jacket at?

I think he needs some counsel on dress and grooming...

• compound complex
    compound complex

UC:

Elder John sports a full beard. I was told a few days ago that hirsute brothers visiting from Europe were advised to trim their faces before attending meetings here in the US of A.

CC

• compound complex
    compound complex

See the dude in the middle ground juxtaposed between Sara and Teis?
    He plays a major role in the flick and in no wise foreits theocratic clout
    because he has tossed the razor. Different culture, different Rs and Rs.

alt

• undercover
    undercover

So much for a Worldwide United Brotherhood...

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Please remember that everyting is not like in America. In Europe, beards are accepted in Ireland, Denmark and the Netherlands. In e.g. Norway, moustaches are frowned upon in many congregations, but widely accepted in the US, even portrayed in the Societys magazines. I guess sometimes, cultural differences have someting to with it ;-) E.g. in the philippines, one can see JWs giving talks without a tie....

• Borgia
    Borgia

Accepted as long as you do not conduct a talk at a SDA, TDA or DA

Cheers

Borgia

• IT Support
    IT Support

Funkyderek,

Has anybody actually bought and received this DVD from CD-WOW? I've had problems with them before where several items I purchased weren't available and the rest were sent to the wrong address. I swore I'd never do business with them again but nobody else seems to be selling it.

I've bought and received literally dozens of CDs and DVDs from CD-WOW over quite a few years, and never had any problems.

All goods come from Hong Kong, so delivery often takes 3-5 days. Each CD or DVD is individually packaged in a padded bag, with a customs label attached.

Did you get a refund for the items you purchased, or did CD-WOW defraud you?

If items were sent to the wrong address, was this CD-WOW's fault? (Usually you enter your own address, and that's what's printed on the shipping label.) Did the missing items eventually turn up or did CD-WOW refund you?

Maybe I've had unusually good service and everyone else feels as you do ...

Just my $0.02.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks to all of you for your knowledgeable replies.

Can't wait to get the "whole picture," i.e., beyond interest-piquing clips.

CC

• compound complex
  • funkyderek
    funkyderek

IT Support:

Did you get a refund for the items you purchased, or did CD-WOW defraud you?

If items were sent to the wrong address, was this CD-WOW's fault? (Usually you enter your own address, and that's what's printed on the shipping label.) Did the missing items eventually turn up or did CD-WOW refund you?

I got a full refund, but I was very unhappy with the customer service. Firstly, I shouldn't have been able to purchase items that weren't actually in stock. It should be fairly simple for an online retailer to say whether an item is in stock or not, and not actually charge my credit card if not. Also, it didn't check whether I still wanted the other items even though I bought them all in a single transaction. They had lured me to the site with low prices on items they didn't have - and would never have at that price. But the main thing was that instead of sending them to the address I typed in, they sent them to my "default address", actually an address where my girlfriend used to live and I had had items sent about four years previously. At no time did this address appear on my screen, and I had chosen to have them delivered to my billing address. Rather than acknowledge their mistake, they decided that because they had already sent the items out, I should go to that address and see if the items had arrived. It took several days of me bombarding them with emails before they admitted their mistake and refunded my money.

Maybe I've had unusually good service and everyone else feels as you do ...

They're probably fine most of the time; I'd used them in the past and found them excellent, but it's only when something goes wrong that you find out how well a company is run. I now know that if I shop at CD WOW and there's a technical problem on their side, I will have major difficulties getting my money back. I'd rather spend my money with a company who will acknowledge and fix their mistakes quickly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit