Proof, proof, gimme some proof!!!

by Slappy 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Caedes
    Caedes
    Evolution is taught as if a Fact to millions of people around the globe - I am not saying that all points of evolution are wrong but I do think people should be taught both creation / evolution equally.

It's taught as fact because it is. Which particular creation myths would you like to see taught in the science classroom?

• Mary
    Mary

I dunno how many times I have to post this, but here's all the proof anyone needs to know that God exists:

• inrainbows
    inrainbows

Scotsman

"You are worshipping an idol based upon dead people's ideas of god wrapped in pigskin printed on squashed dead trees. ""

You believe an idea from dead people!!!!!! Did you wake up one day on your own with the conclusions you have? No!!!!

Oh please. Don't discredit yourself with a strawman argument.

I have never made ANY claim to being original. So trying to make it look otherwise in a weak attempt to weaken my argument that does yourself disservice.

I admit, it is best to live and let live and not to be to dogmatic about belief etc.

The why support those that are?

The aspect of this that annoys me is that Evolution is taught as if a Fact to millions of people around the globe - I am not saying that all points of evolution are wrong but I do think people should be taught both creation / evolution equally.

If you campaign for factually-based scientific theory based upon demonstrable facts to be taught alongside belief-based creation hypothesis based upon claims of paranormal revelation then should also campaign for astrology to be taught alongside psychology.

I don't think for a minute you would support such flagrant idoicy. The fact Creationistic beliefs are directly comparable with astrology might be something you are unwilling to admit, might even be something you don't know enough to be able to have an informed opinion of, but it is a fact. When disputing this please be sure to refer to the 'theory of god' you are claiming is more fact based than astrology.

I think it is your inability to show that Creation IS as viable as modern science that is what annoys you; you'd dearly love creation to be true. And it can be; you just have to drop insistence on any connection between the dumb myths in holy books and your belief that god did it.

Scream gog did it from the highest roof tops if you will; you can believe that AND accept modern science. Only your faith stops you from doing it; your lack of faith in the power of the creator.

""Embrace science; it is a friend, not an enemy. And it no more opposes faith than guns oppose life. What it does do is lead you from ignorant erroneous faith to something that is pure and free.""

Science is wonderful - MOST of the time. But to suggest that anyone that has Belief in a God has an "ignorant erroneous faith" is of the utmost arrogance on your part!

Nope. I gave examples of where he is clearly, indisputably and demonstrably either just WRONG or IGNORANT regarding subjects he expressed opinion on. I'm not being arrogant. I'm pointing out how wrong he is in areas of FACT.

Where is your condemnation of HIS utmost arrogance based on ignorant and erroneous faith?

Or do you turn a blind eye to the errors of those you have sympathy for while unjustly accusing those you don't like the argument of?

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

Caedes said - """ Which particular creation myths would you like to see taught in the science classroom """.

Which "type" of the evolution theory do you believe in?

You and you fellow evolutionists have a problem - you try to give this united front when in reality there are an increasing number of Evolution types.

I was willing to admit that certain aspects of Evolution "may" be correct - trying to be balanced man - its the scottish way!

But no such attitude is reciprocated by our Evolution believing friends.

Hey, if you want to believe Evolution, fine by me, I aint got a problem with that.

But I will be staying over here in the "life came from life" camp.

TS

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Didn't read all the posts so I hope I'm not stepping on anyones toes...

So why don’t monkeys talk now?

Whaddya think our current president is?

-BONEZZ

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

First this subject is clearly more important to some than to others - for me, I have discussed this subject a million times with all sorts of people,
    So nothing new would come out of yet another long discussion.

inrainbows - """ Oh please. Don't discredit yourself with a strawman argument.
    I have never made ANY claim to being original. So trying to make it look otherwise in a weak attempt to weaken my argument that does yourself disservice."""

What the HELL are you going on about man???????? You pointed the finger at those who believe creation and criticised the fact that it may have came from "dead" people.
    All I said was "you have done the same". Its true - Grow some humility man!!!

inrainbows - """ I think it is your inability to show that Creation IS as viable as modern science that is what annoys you; you'd dearly love creation to be true."""

Dont suggest to know what annoys me - I will make my own mind up on that!

inrainbows - """ Where is your condemnation of HIS utmost arrogance based on ignorant and erroneous faith? """

I do not want to condemn anybody!!!! All I pointed out was the attitude you were displaying - the I am right and you are wrong! Sounds likes JW speak!!!
    You are sometimes right and sometimes wrong - just like me and everyone else.

Lets be happy in life and believe want we want to believe.

• besty
    besty

Hey The Scotsman - good to see you posting here :-)

I think Slappy has gone to a place to lick his wounds - his ass was handed to him on this thread <again>

In terms of proof that he asked for he was given:

ERV insertions and fused 23rd chromosome pair

He never really came back with the results of his research, other than to demonstrate <again> a basic misunderstanding of the scientific method - when o' when will creationists grasp the following:

1 - the scientific definition and usage of the word 'theory'

2 - abiogenesis is a different subject to evolution "But I will be staying over here in the "life came from life" camp."

3 - Evolution is not equal to atheism - many scientists believe in God - to suggest that its a zero sum game is a false dichotomy

4 - Different theories and disagreements amongst scientists are fine - its called the scientific method - eventually a concensus is reached

Also I asked him to read and come back to me on http://www.aclupa.org/downloads/ClosingArgument.pdf which he hasn't done yet - perhaps I can extend you the same invitation?

TS - Caedes asked you a straightforward question:

Caedes said - """ Which particular creation myths would you like to see taught in the science classroom """.

It deserves better than changing the subject with another question - please.....

• heathen
    heathen

I think there's allot more to the evolution theory than just man from monkey belief that makes it impossible for me to believe . We'll start with the big bang and go through how the universe slows down enough to reform but yet continues to expand and then all the countless collisions that happened to form planets from asteroids and then some how amino acids become biological life forms after falling in earths oceans ..... sorry not buying it.........

• Galileo
    Galileo
    "life came from life"

As besty said, this doesn't have anything to do with evolution, but I wanted to comment on it anyway since Creationists often use this misleading language as if they have some sort of point. They will say that life has only been observed or known to come from life, which is true but an incomplete statement. The fact is that amongst the higher animals, life only has been observed to come from life through sexual reproduction. A few lower life forms can reproduce asexually. But this is still a far cry from ever witnessing a life form of any sort creating an entirely new and unrelated form of life with his hands or through a magic spirit. "Life only comes from life" no more supports your idea that an invisible magic giant created all life than it supports abiogenesis. So unless your idea is that God had sex with the earth and impregnated it with all life forms, you can shut up about that one.

• Galileo
    Galileo
    I think there's allot more to the evolution theory than just man from monkey belief that makes it impossible for me to believe . We'll start with the big bang and go through how the universe slows down enough to reform but yet continues to expand and then all the countless collisions that happened to form planets from asteroids and then some how amino acids become biological life forms after falling in earths oceans ..... sorry not buying it.........

Again, this is not evolution. Just go ahead and say you reject all science and be done with it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit