Are you Racist?

by Warlock 35 Replies latest jw friends

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

I am not a racist but i am prejudiced.

I believe everyone is prejudice, it makes it easier for us to define people or draw a conclusion on someone. Whereas racism is all about acting on those prejudices.

Some people say that to be racist you have to be the one with the power, this leads some to say that minorities cannot be racist, interesting and debateable.

I can see what BTS means that race is a social construct, in turn racism is a social construct. It doesn't mean however that it does not exist.

Ultimately it should be realised, "that there is no race except the human race."

Paul

• shamus100
    shamus100

I'm racist about gypsies, yo.

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip

While I'm not racist, I do not believe that

All are born equal.
  • Kudra
    Kudra

Its difficult...

I guess any opinion that we have that is based only on race - even "positive"- like "all black people dance good" is racism.

But this is something I have thought about lately, I have been struggling with racist feelings against a certain group that I never had before I started having a lot of contact with this group when I started school ~ 4 years ago... There I admitted it.

I had a completely neutral view of this group but after i shared close space with "them" and had many interactions with "them" I began to be able to make a TON of negative generalizations that always seem to be true... It makes me feel bad because I objectively, rationally know that it is wrong to feel this way yet I see this behavior ALL the time and can't explain it away.

I wouldn't consider myself a racist person (even though I guess I obviously am) as I am Mexican (dad's side) and my mom is an immigrant (Europe). I guess I could say at least I'm not a xenophobe...

Anyway, I've never mentioned this to anyone. i guess the anonymity of the interwebs is ok for some things.

-Kudra

• Kudra
    Kudra

I read my above post and realize that it is lame to say that I am not racist because I am Mexican.

-K

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll
    Everybody is human- there are no differences. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

I agree. There is good and there is bad in people. It has nothing to do with color.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit