Are you Racist?

by Warlock 35 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I`m hiding from Whitey!!..Running Away In Circles...................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

My own race irritates me

• fifi40
    fifi40

I dont know how anyone can be 'racist', that has an ounce of intelligence in them.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Humans developed through vastly different genetically races for many tens of thousands of years before travel and intermarriage started to fuse them together.

"Vastly different genetically"

That's bos merda. There is more genetic diversity in a population of chimpanzees in an African forest than in the entire human species. A lot of scientists say that were genetic "bottlenecks" in our recent biological past. We are all very closely related.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

No, I don't think my race is better than any other race.

A$$holes are everywhere.

• M.J.
    M.J.

I think racism is just one specific instance of the baggage that comes with the human tendency to form an identity according to a perceived social category.

I think problems with this tendency can start to arise with the degree of perceived prestige of one's "in group", which pretty much always comes at the expense of the status of the "out groups".

When the "in group" happens to be a race of people, people nowdays readily recognize that there's a problem. But this "in group" vs "out group" bias is really at the heart of it all, and not many people recognize that.

http://www.sixwise.com/newsletters/06/06/25/people_who_drive_silver_or_blue_cars_should_not_read_this.htm

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

I hope not and certainly don't think I am.

• *summer*
    *summer*

No, I am not racist.

All are born equal.

• White Dove
    White Dove

No, I'm not racist. There are attractive and unattractive aspects of every culture of people.

• Earnest
    Earnest
    If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?

I'm as much a racist as Shakespeare was.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit