Insincere 'love'...?

by ISP 21 Replies latest jw friends

• ISP
    ISP

Some dubs we have as friends...still(!)....told us that at the Circuit Assembly at the weekend that a couple (we have been on holiday with them on quite a few occasions) asked how we were. They told our friends to give their 'love' to us. Funny though these ones can't be bothered to pick the phone up and find out how we are and give us their 'love' directly!...Not that we are too bothered! But what is it with this giving 'love' business?
    I think it is fine to pass on best wishes but isn't this simply insincerity? Insincerity that so typifies the Dub world.

ISP

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It`s all a load of crap.Their full of crap..And I`m dead sexy(lol)...OUTLAW

• josephus
    josephus

good piont, allthough i would suggest that it is VERY hard to find true love
    and freindship anywhere.

allmost all love is conditional, but its true that witnesses exemplify it.

Ray franz wrote that "they love, but at a distance" which i feel is correct.

you were fair in pointing out the rafter in you own eye as well. i often bitch and moan about not
    getting called by witnesses, but secretly i would hate it if they called!!!

i never noticed it but my mum gave me a real pasting about it!

she allso said that you are really lucky if you find just 1 or 2 good freinds in your life.

regards

josephus

• ISP
    ISP

Hi Josephus...its not like I want to have sex with these people! But why say 'love'? It is soo pretentious. I guess they feel soo holy and fair minded!

ISP

• josephus
    josephus

:)

i would suggest next time you send regards, and a request for a really good shag.

you will either avoid all future messages from them, or youll be in even more trouble!!!

sending you my "warm agape cristian phillicitations"

josephus

• termite 35
    termite 35

hi ISP.I think it's a really bland; insipid type of love.Agape love;principled love (WE'LL ONLY LOVE YOU UNDER 'THESE' CONDITIONS AND ONLY 'THIS' FAR)to the point of being meaningless.I have had it sent to me on cards so many times;it feels like a measured love. e.g.USELESS. I NEVER use the old favourite 'warmest Christian love' My other half used to say What the FECK does that mean!!!

"Only two things are infinite- the universe and human stupidity, and i'm not too sure about the universe."

• ISP
    ISP
    i would suggest next time you send regards, and a request for a really good shag.

LOL! I might try that....but she is hardly sets your pulse racing...and he...has terrible teeth.

ISP

• josephus
    josephus

hi termite35

either your other half watches father ted.

or hes from dublin.

regards

josephus

• ISP
    ISP

Josephus....having said that in the dark with a bag over her head she would be fine!

termite....its not even love. Love has a feel of genuine warmth and feeling but they don't have that.

ISP

• termite 35
    termite 35

Ah; Father Ted...It's about time they re ran those, they could be used instead of prozac.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit