I have something to ask, about child molestation cases.

by dawg 31 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• dawg
    dawg

OK, so in the Gilbert Simental molestation case, the Elders hid behind clergy client privilege. But why didn't they want to speak out against a molester? Why did they not happily say,"yes, ole brother Gilbert told us what he did"?

What were their reasons for not testifying, and if this has been thought about before, please tell me why I'm so slow?

I hope you all understand what I'm asking.

• dawg
    dawg

This is the case I'm talking about.

http://www.pe.com/localnews/rivcounty/stories/PE_News_Local_H_faith26.4193557.html

Why hadn't they already turned that bastard in?

• flipper
    flipper

DAWG- Virtually all the elders in the JW organization are trained to be concerned for the fake " good image " of the organization first ; then they consider doing justice somewhere 6th or 7th down the line. In the Watchtower society justice is on a low list of priorities . The reason the elders didn't " happily" testify in this case- but were forced to is they are more concerned in saving the JW's public face to onlookers ! They are pissed they were forced to testify because then the real truth comes out in the open about the wrong way they handle child abuse cases.

I called the legal desk of the society in February and talked to a representative who had been there for 40 years and I point blank asked him what the directions are that the society gives elders when they find out a child has been abused. His answer : " We tell the elders to first call the societies legal department to find out if the child abuse happened in a reporting state, or non-reporting state. " So the direction given the elders is not to report it to the police first ; it's report it to the legal desk at the society first . So you see, everything is about image, image, image. And damage control in front of the public's eyes and keeping this info from their rank and file members as well. Truly a twisted , evil cult that is NOT concerned with protecting young children ; just concerned about their image

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Dawg,

I'm still "waiting on bethel" to rule in my stepdad's case, after 25 years. (see my topic history)

If they are in a "reporting state"...they are to do it from a pay phone..anonymously.

It's all about saving face.

• JeffT
    JeffT
    California law protects statements made to clergy members who are required by their faith's practices to keep them secret.

Silly me. I thought JW's didn't have a clergy. Isn't that supposed to be a mark of false religion?

Another good case of the WTBS playing both sides of the street when it suits them.

• dinah
    dinah

Eactly, JeffT.

How many of us can remember the Society blowing their own trumpet because they did not have a clergy class? They always pointed out it was what made them different. Then they hide behind clerical priviledge. All this is not to protect Jehovah's name, it's to protect their ass(ets).

Even if you live in a non-reporting state wouldn't moral principles make you take action when a child is being hurt? I'm just an average citizen, but I would definitely call the authorities if I saw a child in danger.

• dawg
    dawg

That's insane Flipper. And I may have had a few too may tonight, but isn't this proof that they don't have the spirit of God?

• dawg
    dawg

Blondie, I've read what you said about that pay phone once before, you are a good man that you let that bother your conscience, but they are hypocrites.

• dawg
    dawg

JeffT, I never even caught this that you clearly thought of... "Silly me. I thought JW's didn't have a clergy. Isn't that supposed to be a mark of false religion"

• dawg
    dawg

This is the kicker Diana..."Even if you live in a non-reporting state wouldn't moral principles make you take action when a child is being hurt?"...

That's what I'm talking about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit