"The Bible Says... The Bible Says..."

by AGuest 45 Replies latest jw friends

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear OUTLAW...

"I don`t believe anyone can,or should die for any one else`s sins"...

soldiers fight and die to protect the freedom of the people every day...why can't that concept be taken to another "level" by God?

love michelle

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Myelaine..Yes soldiers do fight and die to protect our freedom..But..They don`t die so our sins will be forgiven............Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear WTWizard...

"The Washtowel not only claims to be Bible-based (a pretty miserable foundation), but on top of that they misinterpret it. They have their own Bible, and twist everything to base it on field circus. Which makes an already wretched situation even worse."...

the watchtower also admits to channeling the spirit of angels in its writings and doctrine...invisible angels...the kind that weren't hanging off the demon possessed in the Bible but were inside the demon possessed...looks like a clear case of satan's "angels" transforming themselves into ministers of light...imo...

love michelle

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear OUTLAW...

why don't you think that God can take the concept to another "level"?...

He thinks you're worth it...

love michelle

• reniaa
    reniaa

lol this has to be one of the best cases of circular nutty reasoning i have read, Got to give you credit in been able to credibly say for a whole page basically......

"The bible tells us about jesus but we shouldn't bother with the bible only jesus" very chicken and egg lol

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Mylaine..I`m Agnostic..I have no idea if god exists or not..If he does exist,he`s doing a very poor job......If I were God..I could have the whole mess on earth,cleaned up before lunch!............Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear OUTLAW...

lol...if you were God you would have to deal with agnostics too...

and borderline atheists...my boyfriend told me that there is virtually nothing that could happen on earth to make him believe there is God...but a friend of his told him once that God doesn't exist and so that's what he believes...

love michelle

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear reniaa...

I thought you "ate up" circular nutty reasoning...you're a jw aren't you?

love michelle

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

AGuest... this is my favorite post of yours yet.

I agree. First of all, not only did the Pope decide what would be included in the "bible", the bible is NOT what it is cracked up to be... it was colored by the political fears of the time, just as any other "sacred" book has been.

It is true that only through the Christ consciousness (of which Jesus was a wonderful example, but not the only one) are we able to see beyond the words. Words cannot touch it... and the bible is a packed handful of words.

Love,
    Baba.

• reniaa
    reniaa

erm peeps who agree with this nutty post a question for you....

If the bible is our only source of info on jesus (and it is) and your saying its writng has been too twisted over the ages by men to believe it anymore, how then can you trust what it says on jesus?

I don't buy the higher consciousness nonsense otherwise rainforest tribes that have had no contact with bible teachings would believe in jesus but they don't only some tribal dieties that like the occasional shrunken head!

or is this as I think another persons self reasoning to let them be able to take what they consider to be the nicey bits of the bible while ignoring the uncomfortable bits.

nice try but no cigar Aguest.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit