They shun you--Do you love them?

by ashitaka 35 Replies latest jw friends

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

For all who have, are, or will be shunned (which should pretty much be all of us), do you still have a deep love for those who now shun you...now, not familial love, but an active love that yearns for that person's companionship?

I have several regrets; one of them is the friends that I've lost.

How about you guys?

ashi

"You ever get lonely?."
    "Only around people."

-Thin Red Line

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

yes, it may be my emotional downfall.

closer

• Celtic
    Celtic

Yes, very much so Ashi', this is one of my things I find about myself that is so infuriating, I still do. Then I question myself why etc etc etc

peace

Mark

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The people I`ve lost were not my friends to begin with.And I`d like to poke them in the eye with a salty McDonalds french fry.(lol)...OUTLAW

• Simon
    Simon

The few people I really care about I don't put in a position where they would have to shun me - I really don't think that they would (I had a few deep conversations with them and have seen them since all the fallout) but I wouldn't like to put them in that position.

I hate the rest of the small minded wassocks though

• Sherri
    Sherri

I've been out now for about 15 years and there are some people I still love and miss, even though I know they wouldn't speak to me if they saw me in the street. The people I don't miss are the ones I never really cared for anyway.

I live in the UK now but was visiting my family in Dayton recently. Through my brother, I discovered that an old friend is in the process of stepping away from the dubs and she agreed to see me. We met up at a restaurant, and it was like 15 years of enforced separation had never happened. We hugged and cried and talked and talked and talked, but didn't talk near enough to make up for all the years apart. I felt absolutely no animosity for her refusal to associate with me all those years ago--I would've done the same (I did do the same, to so many, including my own parents--shame!). Anyway, it was indescribably wonderful to just sit and have a chat with someone who I thought I'd never see again. Would that I could have that experience with the others I still think about.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Sherri, that's really nice...that's makes me feel a little better.

ashi

• Nicolas
    Nicolas

I have two sisters who are still in the org and sometime I feel angry about them but then, I remember that it wasn't their choice, it was the choice of a corrupted organization. What, I hate the most is that sometime, I talk to my youngest sister on chat (she still talk to me because I wasn't baptized when I left) and I have nothing to say to her because there's so much things to separate us. We have almost nothing in common. What, I don't understand is that she told us that she didn't find it normal to have to shun my parents but then, why do she stay in the WBTS?

Black holes are where God divided by zero.

• joelbear
    joelbear

I love my family and my old friends so much it aches. I think about them every day.

I had a dream last night that 2 of my old friends, Eddie and Cheri, saw me at a shopping center and that Eddie came over and talked to me. I have dreams like that a lot, that old friends appear and don't shun me.

I sometimes wake up crying.

Joel

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Oh my. So many comments here reflect my heart...

Yes. I still yearn for the friendships and especially the relationships with my family. I long for a normal fun, loving, caring relationship with my mom. I want to go shopping, share family traditions, recipes and experiences with her. I want to talk about my career, experiences, and boyfriend relationships with my dad. I want to hug my brothers and tease them about the funny things we did to each other growing up. I want to hear about their college experiences and about their girlfriends. I want a normal, happy, healthy family. Not a big request. But for those like us, it is.

Do I love my family? Without a doubt. I hate some of their actions, past and present, but will always want the best for them. I will always welcome them into my life and my home, should they change their minds about me. I think it's what Jesus would do and I have a peace about that.

Ashi - I've had to come to grips with the realization that will probably never happen. It makes me realize how precious the good moments are. It make me appreciate those that consider me a part of their family. Blood is NOT thicker than water. Some of the people on this board are my family and I've never met them. I just know they DO love me and ACCEPT me with all my faults.

But at the same time, I've done all I can to bridge the gap and repair our relationship. I can only do so much though. I do have a peace knowing I've done what I can.

We love you Ash. You're important to us. Your value is immeasurable and irreplaceable. Please don't forget that!

(((((hugs)))))

Andi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit