Is there any one thing you DID like about the witnesses?

by dobbie 18 Replies latest jw friends

• zagor
    zagor
    Is there any one thing you DID like about the witnesses?

There was lots of hot single "sisters" around..... yeah that would be the main thing.

• greendawn
    greendawn

That they had or at least seemed to have a more orderly state when it came to sexual matters, I mean most JW girls didn't sleep around and JW marriages were more stable at least in the area I was at the time. You knew that if you married a JW brought up girl she was unlikely to have been with other men and that the marriage was more likely to succeed as long as you didn't leave the org.

Needless to say the bad points far outweighed such good points.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Yea, my wife in her tight red outfit, strappy slingback heels, and a shasta root beer!

• blondie
    blondie

A chocolate candy laced with cyanide is still deadly. Chocolate covered manure is still something I stay away from.

Blondie

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

It could well be that I owe them to be alive today : I stopped smoking, 30 years ago, after they showed me that scripture about presenting to Jehovah our bodies as undefiled sacrifices. Quite efficient, I stopped overnight, not being baptized yet.

Although I have largely faded from the JWs, I retain the fundamentals of their creed : unique God, no immortal soul nor hell, earthly hope, 2 classes (yes, why not). As for the rest of it, Jehovah knows better than we do, He will sort things out.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I always liked the way the Kingdom Hall looked fading from sight in my rear view mirror.

• Gregor
    Gregor

I suppose you can find a few kernels of undigested corn in a dog turd.

• klydia
    klydia

I miss not knowing the answer to EVERYTHING. Of course, it's more *satisfying* to mature and understand that you don't know everything and that's part of the process of life, but it's never as comfortable as the immaturity of being a snotty little know-it-all. :)

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

When I did microphones I noticed some of the sisters™ had acceptable cleavage.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit