Video, 1958 DC NYC, talk by NH Knorr. 5 seconds of pure video refreshment!

by Open mind 15 Replies latest jw friends

• d
    d

Talks like these put a lot of pressure on young people.

• creativespirit
    creativespirit

Husband (Catholic) just popped his head in while I was listening to this.

I told him I was looking for the 11 year old me in that crowd. Told him how intense it was to have all those people in one place. How the stadium would be filled, the gates would be holding people back, and then they would be opened and all the people would stream onto the field. If you were in the upper levels it was a thrilling sight. People would clap and cheer.

So easy to get caught up. Knorr was a dynamic speaker as I remember, and you would be swept away in the moment.

You would be filled with joy, filled with spirit, filled with resolve.

But it wasn't the truth. It was the false.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

My wife was supposedly conceived at this assembly. I assume it didn't happen up in the stands...the talks were far too riveting.

Somebody said Knorr was a dynamic speaker. I used sit at his table at Bethel and to me he always sounded and looked like an overweight version of the 50's and 60's commedialn Wally Cox who also did the voice of Underdog in the underdog cartoon. Compare this video with the assembly video and see what I mean. Wally cox

• talesin
    talesin

I was at a convention there a few years later, about age 4-5. I just remember sitting in the bleachers, and the *heat* ... ugghh... being kind of afraid of the 'big city'. (though we went to Buffalo in the 70s and it was much more dangerous and dirty) Can't believe my parents spent all vacations and every cent they had on such a colossal waste.

The talk reminds me of something from a Nazi news reel ...

t

• watson
    watson

I was there. Kind of strange hearing his talk. Sounds so familiar.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

What struck me was not the same ol same ol tired message but the FACT

that the majority of those that were there are DEAD.

with NO REWARD.

oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit