Aleister Crowley, the life of a Satanist

by MegaDude 13 Replies latest jw friends

• MegaDude
  • shamus100
    shamus100

What was not covered in the documentary was when he went on the climbing expedition to Chatenchunga (sp?) he carved 666 in a rock high up on the mountain.

One freaky dude.

• nameless_one
    nameless_one

That was truly fascinating. I've only gotten through parts 1, 2, and 3, though; had to stop due to a case of the heebie jeebies. I'll come back to parts 4 and 5 another time. Freaky stuff for sure.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Well, I made it through the first 3 minutes

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Hey MD, how ya doin?

If you don't mind me asking, so what led you to posting about this topic? I don't know much about Alastair Crowley but I just kind of figured he was pretty much what one would presume a satanist would be. I'm going to have to look at those videos tomorrow though.

Chris

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Chris,

Growing up in an ultra-controlled life full of rules, boundaries and mental and emotional controls, I find it fascinating to hear about the life of a man whose religion was only his own will. I have a theory about how such people's lives trend and end up. This documentary just confirmed it for me.

But just in case you were wondering, no, I'm not becoming a Satanist.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I haven't watched them all, yet. I too, find this story fascinating. I kind of feel sorry for the demented bastard, being raised by religious nuts and then losing his father, whom he was close to. Thanks, meg.

S

• james_woods
    james_woods

Did they mention the early contacts with L. Ron Hubbard, of Scientology? They seem to be pretty well documented, although later in life Hubbard would come to deny it, and the present day COS vehemently denies it as well.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

No mention of L Ron. but Crowley's association with him seems fairly well substantiated from various internet sites.

• chrisjoel
    chrisjoel

he gave the world the finger did his own thing ...had he been in a position of power , then what?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit