Going to Hell in a Handbag.......rant!!

by Gill 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

Greendawn - That is a very sobering thought. WE don't do anything 'about it' because it could be even worse if we DID do something about it!

WE then perpetuate an escalating cycle of FEAR of bad people.

Don't say anything......they might hurt us more.

Don't do anything......they might hurt us more.

Then, when we as an individual become a victim, we find that people don't want to do anything about it and so can't feel our outrage.

Remembering the Jewish Holocaust poetry, of words to the effect, I said nothing when they came for the Jews, the homosexuals, gypsies etc and there was no one there to say anything when they came for me!

We, the human race, are a shame to ourselves.

Perhaps we really do not deserve our continued existence.

While saying this, it makes me laugh that Lady Justice has no problem jailing an old age pensioner who has not paid his or her Council Tax, but a sex offender, violent criminal or thief may have one hundred percent higher chance of being given a suspended or very low sentence, or just a slap on the wrist.

The world is ruled and controlled by the faceless, mega wealthy, inbred tyrants who know that possession is 9 / 10 ths of the law. The real rulers of the world know that crime affects those who can't afford body guards, guns, lawyers etc.....hence life does not really affect them.

Money, land, valuables are all that matters.....especially their own.

So, while public morality is outraged daily, the only thing that really TALKS and controls everything is Money!

• compound complex
    compound complex

"Civilization exists by geological consent, subject to change without notice."

- Will Durant

• KingArthur
    KingArthur

Gill: Bravo! You've got it

• jgnat
    jgnat

Just you wait and see. I suspect some great creative energy is going to emerge.

...and....

I just have to say it. When you said "hell in a handbag", THIS is the image that came to mind...

http://www.people.com/people/gallery/0,,20048975,00.html

Could a dog have it any worse?

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Well, yes.....handbag, handbasket, whatever. I agree.

But consider this as it applies here: We each pick our battles. Perhaps Simon weighed the perpetuation of the site (which he is weary of anyway) against the hassles and attacks that struck too close to home. His home. We each take our stand where it matters most to us as individuals. I don't see it as turning tail, but as time to re-frame objectives.

Something I know for an absolute fact and take comfort from:

The battle against the evil forces of the WTS will never end until its influence is completely obliterated.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit