Sciptures? Help???

by lostsheep82 20 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Here's some bible concepts that turned my head around. I also considered Lady Diana's example, hugging and touching those with AIDS.

Acts 10. What God calls clean, who are we to call unclean?

Luke 10:25-37. The story of the good Samaritan.

Now do this mental exercise. What if the man laying in the ditch had AIDS? Am I to leave him lying there? Or am I to give aid out of love, regardless of his physical condition or lifestyle? Is my personal safety or sensibilities even at issue? Of course not. I am to be equally generous to all.

Jesus also openly fellowshipped with a tax collector (Zaccheus in Luke 19) and a prostitute (Matthew 27). He rendered aid to an "unclean" woman with a flow of blood (Matthew 9:20).

My final revelation is that I am not just to render aid in a time of need, homosexuals need to be accepted and valued as regular members of our society. To treat them as pariahs is wrong. This is what JWD taught me; the terrible cost of shunning and exclusion. Now, I won't find a regular scripture to say so, but all the verses on love lead me to this final conclusion. Take the book of John.

And, if you want to be a bit of a brat,

Rom 16:16Salute one another with an holy kiss . The churches of Christ salute you.
    1Cr 16:20All the brethren greet you. Greet ye one another with an holy kiss .
    2Cr 13:12Greet one another with an holy kiss .
    1Th 5:26

Greet all the brethren with an holy kiss .

Jhn 13:23Now there was leaning on Jesus ' bosom one of his disciples, whom Jesus loved .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit