Another Michael Jackson oddity.

by Yerusalyim 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Back when Mikey was still black and still part of the Jackson 5 he and his family were all JW's in good standing right? Did Michael and his dad get disciplined for Mikey singing "Santa Claus is Comin to Town" that I just heard on the radio?

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Too funny!

• JBean
    JBean

Mikey's dad was never a JW. I believe only his mom and one of his older sisters and her family (kids & Hubby) are still in... (probably barely hangin' on.) I don't know about the other 4 brothers... but Michael was in the faith for a brief while when he was in his late teens/early 20's. I don't believe he has ever been "formally" disfellowshipped... 'cos I heard he still contributes mucho $$$ to the society. They don't want to lose that contribution, ya know. (About him singing holiday stuff when he was younger... his mom probably played the "my husband's not a JW" card and so the elders let her off easy.)

• Silverleaf
    Silverleaf

Hi all,

Believe it or not, in a recent article in TV Guide, MJ mentioned being a JW and apparently he claims he still goes door to door, but in a fat suit and thick glasses. To me that sounded more like a way to ridicule his faith than to practice it, but that's just my opinion. What do you think?

Silverleaf
    still here, just listening for now

• JBean
    JBean

I believe a few people have mentioned this in other threads and it's been noted that TVGuide cut and pasted from a very old interview... not a recent one. Plus... if you caught any of Mikey's latest concert on TV... he's DEFINITELY NOT a JW for too many reasons to list here! : )

• joelbear
    joelbear

I think Michael is very unhappy and craves attention.

I would love to meet him and try to form a friendship with him sometime.

We were born in the same month and the same year and I also need a nose job.

Joel

• JBean
    JBean

Joel, I believe Michael could "hook you up" for that surgery! : )

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Speaking of Mikey I read in a magazine that he used to sleep in a
    oxygen tent pumping in a specific percentage of oxygen, higher than usual, and had a pink light on while he slept.
    Very strange, then ages later while reading a Christian magazine I saw
    this theory that the earth before the flood would of had a pink sky
    and higher oxygen level.
    Mikey was trying to live 930 years.

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

closer

• Tina
    Tina

ahhh closer! the face that launched a thousand quips. "> T

Vive Bene
    Spesso L'amore