meeting changes

by Mandette 14 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

So far, they have incorporated a shortened book study into the Theocraptic Misery "School(??)" and Circus Meeting, both of which will be shortened. And the free evening will be a family study night, as far as I have seen. The 10/2008 Kingdumb Misery has the details.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Since the attitude and belief is that Armageddon is at 9am sharp tomorrow, I'm surprised they're cutting back.....

Yes, that's the point, isn't it? Don't they always quote the scripture about meeting together "All the more so as the end draws near?"

And of course, for so long they were saying that the book study was so vitaly important because near the end the Kingdom Halls might be closed down or destroyed by the governments, but we would still meet in small groups at THE BOOK STUDY.

Maybe ask dad about these things....

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

I'm positive it'll be two per week starting Jan 2009 (going down from 3). Whoever told you one probably meant "one mid-week meeting per week". Or else they heard it wrong.

• Mandette
    Mandette

Quandry...

I'm going to try......tactfully of course....must tread softly

I'll be doing that this afternoon.......if I get any real answers I'll post them on here...

Mandette<<trying to get some courage

• Mandette
    Mandette

I asked Mom about this yesterday....here's what she said... economy reasons....that people are hurting for money badly so they decided to combine meetings to make more time and leave more money for the preaching work........ I'm not sure if this is the "official" reason but it's pretty close....so much for the meeting together more so as the end draws near....maybe "new light" is that meeting together means preaching too........ Mandette (too bad Brooklyn doesn't give gas and food vouchers)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit