meeting changes

by Mandette 14 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Goodness gracious it's a wonder no one has mentioned this before!

Only joking - there are tens of topics on this development at least. Don't ask me exactly where though. Using the search and looking for "book study" might be a start.

And have you heard about circuit overseers?

• Mandette
    Mandette

yeah I knew it'd been mentioned once or twice beforeI couldn't remember exact things though.

I've not heard about the CO's. What is the poop with that? I think I may be able to fish around to find out more. Dad is an elder. I'm sure he'll tell me if it's not super top secret stuff.

Mandette

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

COs are being laid off probably in Sept 2009, to be replaced by what is unclear. Elders generally do no know yet.

I don't think it has been 100% confirmed, but as rumours on here go it sounds pretty definite.

• Mandette
    Mandette

hmmmm.....will have to be circumspect about that then.......for obvious reasons Mom and Dad do not know I'm on this site.......I'll keep my ears open though....they are always saying things to me to try to get me to come back so I'm sure that'll come up.......I do remember hearing Dad talk about the CO stuff like expenses for vehicles,etc. I seem to remember(?) that some CO's had insurance paid for????I was young at the time so I don't know if they were talking medical or car or what. I'm sure it's gotten extremely expensive. Maybe that's a reason??????

I just wonder what they have up their sleeve(the organization) with all these changes......

Mandette

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yes I suspect expense is what did it for COs.

But why the book study is being dropped is a bit of mystery to me.

• Mandette
    Mandette

Mom said Dad would "tell me all about it" so I'm sure I can get the accurate stuff. I'll have to ask why. That should be really interesting.

Since the attitude and belief is that Armageddon is at 9am sharp tomorrow, I'm surprised they're cutting back.....

Mandette

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Mandatte u made a very strong point. If the end is so near then why not pour on the resources. Did not the Christians of the first century sell off all their belongings?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Regardless, the cutbacks contradict the end of times attitude

• Mandette
    Mandette

my bible is a little rusty...did the 1st century Christians really sell their possessions? And if so wasn't that a little premature since "no one knows the hour or day not even the Son"?

My parents still make the comments about the end being "near"...BUT my father has always encouraged me to be financially responsible and to have a RETIREMENT!!!! Even recently when I was complaining about my required contribution(24% of monthly wages), he said "you'll be happy you have it in the FUTURE"!!!!!!!!!!

I know this is a little off topic......I wish I could really ask some questions of my father....BUT I'm more worried about keeping my wonderful relationship with him.......who knows though I may be able to do it subtly...in the form of questions.......

They're cutting down drastically on the meetings BUT still preaching INTERNET EVIL, COLLEGE EVIL, etc.....

I'm confused...

Mandette

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Acts 4:32 32 Moreover, the multitude of those who had believed had one heart and soul, and not even one would say that any of the things he possessed was his own; but they had all things in common. 33 Also, with great power the apostles continued giving forth the witness concerning the resurrection of the Lord Jesus; and undeserved kindness in large measure was upon them all. 34 In fact, there was not one in need among them; for all those who were possessors of fields or houses would sell them and bring the values of the things sold 35 and they would deposit them at the feet of the apostles. In turn distribution would be made to each one, just as he would have the need. 36 So Joseph, who was surnamed Bar´na·bas by the apostles, which means, when translated, Son of Comfort, a Levite, a native of Cy´prus, 37 possessing a piece of land, sold it and brought the money and deposited it at the feet of the apostles.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit