Are we beating a dead horse?

by Gregor 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    The majority of people in mainstream culture who even recognize the name, Jehovah's Witnesses, associate them with an annoying fundamentalist group who knock on your door to push their pamphlets. They are a joke.

Agreed. I converted in 1992, back when Freddie was still alive. The org still had a bit of swagger left then. It has none now. It would take a person twice as needy and ignorant as I was then to convert nowadays, and that's saying something.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I feel things are looking fairly serious with all the recent changes.

h40

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Their contrived bullshitting is starting to catch up to them, due in part to the information age that we have moved in to.

But lets not underestimate the boys in Brooklyn they will keep hitting the horse as long as the power and money keeps flowing in

believe me..

They know very well who's feeding them.

• StAnn
    StAnn

But lets not underestimate the boys in Brooklyn they will keep hitting the horse as long as the power and money keeps flowing in

believe me..

I think that this is what bothers me the most. The R&F may not be fully aware of the fact that it's all a big lie but you know the people in charge do. They are ruthless, cruel, callous individuals who should be made to pay for the lives they've ruined/are ruining. They are the epitome of the fulfillment of the scripture about satan transforming himself into an angel of light.

StAnn

• VM44
    VM44

What really does The Watchtower provide to its followers?

They take (and really demand) people's time, energy, and resources.

What does The Watchtower give in return?

The hope to be eventually shunned by others in the Organization?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I do agree that the overall perception of JW's has gone downhill in the last decade. They appeared to have some credibility in the day but those are a distant memory now. There's no recovery either as the leashes keep getting pulled tighter.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    I think that this is what bothers me the most. The R&F may not be fully aware of the fact that it's all a big lie but you know the people in charge do. They are ruthless, cruel, callous individuals who should be made to pay for the lives they've ruined/are ruining. They are the epitome of the fulfillment of the scripture about satan transforming himself into an angel of light.

I'm not sure that *all* among the Emperor Class are aware that they have no clothes. For the ones that do, I'm sure that some are callous and power-hungry individuals who derive their whole sense of existence from their important place within the machinery and who give little thought to whether or not the product that the machine produces has any merit. I imagine that others may have more pure motives - that even if the product is bunk, that there are many very nice people who are emotionally dependent on it, and that it would be cruel to make them suffer the shock that would come were the Society to come clean and admit that they're just making it up as they go along, and always have been.

Most are just victims of victims of victims.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit