Christianity..... do you have to believe...

by yknot 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• yknot
    yknot

Do you have to believe in trinity, arianism, or other Christ based concept etc to be saved?

Is believing Jesus to be the messiah and following the model set forth in scripture enough? Or does one have to understand accurately the 'nature,essence, etc" of things..... if so why?

I am brought to this question after reading jwfacts posting on Trinity and the WTS dishonesty. I of course also didn't want to commit the forum faux pas of of hijacking his thread.... but please visit it, as I think he presents the WTS vs actually statements quite well http://jehovahs-witness.com/12/164343/1.ashx

• Word
    Word

You only need to know Jesus Christ and receive His Holy Spirit.

Jesus Christ is present in his Church to this very day!

Communicate with Him and you will receive His Holy Spirit!

Remain in touch spiritually with Jesus Christ and live for ever!

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

In view of the terrible history of the "Christian church" I can easily understand why many people in many lands would reject the message of Christ today. They equate these evil deeds of professed Christians with Christ. Of course, they are unaware of the fact that these so-called "christians" violated the very teachings of Christ.

God, not man, will judge each individual. And he will take into consideration the circumstances of that person. Everyone will have to be given a chance to know and to accept Christ as "the way, the truth and the life." I have always been interested in Paul's comments at Romans 2:12-16. Although the text involves those following the principles of "the law" it does demonstrate God's forebearance toward righteous individuals who did not have the same opportunities of knowing the law but followed the principles that were "written upon their hearts." One can not help but wonder if this same standard will not be used in the final judgement.

• possible-san
    possible-san

Hi! yknot,

Do you have to believe in trinity, arianism, or other Christ based concept etc to be saved?

In other thread, I made reference about the "Trinity".
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/164232/1.ashx

But I do not accept the "Trinity" and the "Arianism".
    I think that "fundamentalism" is wrong absolutely.

The Bible is the book which has stated "the laws of mind"
    in many symbolic words and fabulous stories.
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/163392/1.ashx

• FlyingHighNow
  • XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Yes and no. This seems to be the case with most foundational Christian doctrines. There is only one way to be saved, that is by grace through faith in the death, burial & resurrection of Jesus Christ. There is no systematic doctrine that you must go through in order to become a Christian, however, as you grow in the knowledge of God, then youshould come to understand that Jesus was God manifested in the flesh.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Many modern christians have accepted that exclusivity was not something Christ or his followers preached or pushed.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Saved from WHAT?

evil? It permeates everything around us. It touches our lives whether we are "good" or "bad".

destruction? People have immersed themselves in beliefs of trinity, arianism, etc. and belief itself has destroyed their lives and families anyway and caused a lot of confusion between all people.

So, again, I asked you...what does any belief save us from?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Universalism saves you from feeling pressure to save everyone.

• Word

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit